No announcement yet.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The launch of the 2.3 software for X10 is getting closer, and the planned release date is approx. w30. The date could still be changed, since the launch is depending on operators approval. The software will be rolled out continuously, just like the earlier 2.1 release. The exact launch date is depending on market and operators approval, so it will unfortunately not be possible to give precise information on launch dates for each market/operator. You will get more information once the roll out has started."

...so it could be available any day. Keep in touch with your local teams for more specific information since I probably won't get any more market specific info than this.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist
    <a name="cke_range_marker"><br>http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=35313373389&amp;topic=28533</a>

Comment

Been reading on that, if anything like last time it'll take 3 months or so til I (Telstra) see the update.

Comment

Originally posted by CyphiX View Post
        Been reading on that, if anything like last time it'll take 3 months or so til I (Telstra) see the update.
        Just flash it to a generic version

Comment

Comment

still LOLing at the facebook integration crap. G+ instead plzkthnx - oh wait.. already have that ;P

good to see the warning though, will have to get MyBackup going before running this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              still LOLing at the facebook integration crap. G+ instead plzkthnx - oh wait.. already have that ;P

good to see the warning though, will have to get MyBackup going before running this.
              what a joke with the facebook integration. has zero use for me since i dont have fb anymore. but then again SE needed something to lure the non techy people.

Comment

to be fair, when they started implementing that aspect, FB was still relevant

hrm, update not available for my phone yet - has the generic update reached AU yet?

Comment

to be fair, when they started implementing that aspect, FB was still relevant

hrm, update not available for my phone yet - has the generic update reached AU yet?
                  Europe will get it at the end of the week. so hopefully generic versions will be out during weekend

Comment

Its actually released now.

So far so gooood. Was a bit sluggish at first after the update but a simple reboot fixed that.

The applications list isnt verticle scroll anymore, its basicly set like the home screen.
                    Last edited by Joshuayu101; 30-07-11, 02:29 AM.

Comment

lots of nice changes - updated mine when i got home after DGA. Tried to do my wife's phone to but it appears hers has Austar Mobile rubbish holding it up.

incidentally, when her handset arrived originally, it had shipped with 1.6. She really liked the curved unlock thing instead of the newer straight line. Any idea if there's any apps out there to reimplement that? (and i dont mean like using the lock pattern)

Comment

lots of nice changes - updated mine when i got home after DGA. Tried to do my wife's phone to but it appears hers has Austar Mobile rubbish holding it up.

incidentally, when her handset arrived originally, it had shipped with 1.6. She really liked the curved unlock thing instead of the newer straight line. Any idea if there's any apps out there to reimplement that? (and i dont mean like using the lock pattern)
                        Yeah i know what you mean about the curved padlock drag. I think it was a triangle shape from memory. anyways Surely their would be some custom gui/themes that can do that.

If you want to update your wife's phone, flash the os to a generic AU os then open up the SE update tool and it should update. btw if you do flash it you will lose apps that are provided by the phone provider (eg; Optus phone loses optus zoo icons, optus customization etc)

Comment

so she would lose nothing of value then? cool

Comment

so she would lose nothing of value then? cool
                            yeah pretty much

Comment

so SE struck again - noticed the update request the other day and sure enough, 2.3 is now on the Xperia. Really loving how SE has clearly learnt a lot from their Android offerings. I honestly cannot fault the company at this stage - sure it took a little while, but each update has arrived faster than the previous one, closing the gap with other manufacturers.

Comment

I got the update about 2 months ago, it's a lot better than before but I have found some faults with it but only cuz I'm now thinking of upgrading.

One frustrating thing for me is unlike previous firmware updates when you have an app that force shuts programs they stay shut, leave my phone to idle for about 15min and they start opening back up again in the background. Though truth could be something else else happening on my phone to have this happen but then again I'm prollly just looking for excuses to upgrade atm lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X