Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal Comunication Policy- Your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insidious View Post
    would anyone actually compare it to fibre?
    Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Politicians. :p
    ^ lol qft

Gimme Fiber to my home fucking!!!!!!

Comment

Alan Jones impressed by 'laser' speed breakthrough | Information, Gadgets, Mobile Phones News & Reviews | News.com.au

THE National Broadband Network has nothing on "laser beam" technology, says Australia's most popular talkback host Alan Jones.

Comment

Podcast version
        2GB Media Player - Alan Jones Comments - the NBN in perspective

Comment

The NBN will arrive just as we don’t need it anymore | Article | The Punch

Kevin Andrews of the Liberal Party.

One of the justifications that the government uses for the roll-out of the $43 billion National Broadband Network is the desire by Australian householders to have access to better and faster landline services. However, a survey of the available data suggests that Australians are turning increasingly to mobile communications devices, and abandoning fixed lines.

Mobile phone services have grown rapidly over the last 10 years. At the same time fixed-line telephone services have stagnated. This growth in the take up of the mobile phone has coincided with a rise in the number of household consumers who do not access to a fixed-line telephone service. The choice of not having a fixed-line telephone service seems to be driven by age and living arrangements.

What teh flucking fluck. Do the Liberals have people they dictate to when they need to make words appear on the tv-thing?

Comment

How is Kevin Andrews failing statistics news.

Comment

This is Kevin Andrews of Euthanasia fame, he only says things because his invisible friend tells him to.

Comment

why dont these people understand that mobile broadband is only mobile upto the nearest tower? it still goes through the existing physical infrastructure after that. i swear these people think that it flies from tower to tower and then magically makes its way across states and countries. and wtf does nbn an optical based, no home phone required service have to do with fixed phone lines?

Comment

No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century, that IT affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of Canberra. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life in the Senate. And yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably inferior to ours regarded this 'Net with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.

DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                    why dont these people understand that mobile broadband is only mobile upto the nearest tower? it still goes through the existing physical infrastructure after that. i swear these people think that it flies from tower to tower and then magically makes its way across states and countries. and wtf does nbn an optical based, no home phone required service have to do with fixed phone lines?
                    It's easy to fibre to single towers covering large areas, that's already been done. The more cogent point to note with mobile bandwidth is that it's shared in the air. If everyone tries to use mobile broadband as their primary connection, you have to have a tower on every street or in every house (picocells), and in THAT situation, you need to provide physical connection to the node/premises anyway.

Comment

You fuckers need to sort this internets shit out by the time I get back to Aus.I don't want to have withdrawals from this delicious internets I'm on atm.

Comment

Working...
                      X