X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up going with the following
    Intel Core i7 2700K (unlocked)
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard B3
    Corsair Vengeance CMZ12GX3M4A1600C9B 12GB (3x4GB) DDR3 (1 more 4gb to come)
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB
    OCZ Vertex 2 3.5in 120GB SSD
    Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS 500GB
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe Fatal1ty Champ Series - Gaming X-Fi I/O drive
    Lian Li USB 3.0/Esats/USB 2 5.25 Bay
    MX700 Gaming Mouse
    Samsung SH-B083A-RSBP BLU-RAY COMBO
    Last edited by craZy C; 10-06-11, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Holy shit..... nice rig.

Comment

very nice

i don't have and internal dvd drive, i have to many disks not enough space

I've been waiting for the 12 core intels to be released before i retire my I7 920.... mind you the 2600 was very very tempting to me.....

Comment

mm similar to mine just I have 2 raptors in raid 0 for steam and two 590gtx's for smashing cunts plus I went the ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution as it has that nifty nf200 thingo that is cool for graphics cards or something and dominator GT ram cause it has a fan for them... as if you don't need a fan for your ram!

Comment

lol, you don't need a fan for your ram hahaha, i had a corsair one on my ram and it seemed pointless as my silverstone case has a very good cooling system

Comment

Instead of RAM bling I went and got a NH-D14. Shit be massive. So yeah it'd be well worth it for crazy to grab a decent CPU cooler at some point.

Comment

I went the h70 for water cooling...

Comment

Originally posted by feary View Post
                    I went the h70 for water cooling...
                    H70 is hardly water cooling.

It's a decent cooler though which does well to separate heat away from other components but with decent case airflow these days it's pretty redundant. It does about as well as a decent air cooler. The fans on it are pretty rubbish and per-dollar higher end air coolers are better value.

RAM doesn't really need cooling beyond a decent thermalspreader for basic OC'ing unless you're planning to up the volts on your ram but that sort of OC'ing you'd be looking at a real water cooling kit anyway.

A swifty kit is what I would call water-cooling, and better value for your dollar but it's hardly cheap or easy to setup. H50/H70, great marketing.

Comment

Working...
                    X