No announcement yet.

Bitcoins - online p2p currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

figures of speech generally make sense, yours didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
      your a dumb-ass for reading what I write.
      Must... not... click... like...

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
        My problem is how to get USD from Mt. Gox into my Australian bank account. Paypal support on Mt. Gox was removed because buyers kept reversing payments. Their options are Dwolla, which isn't available to customers outside the USA, and Liberty Reserve, with which I can't see a way of moving money into Australia.
        I think you can email them and them and they will deposit the money into an AU account for you for a fee of $10 or something.

Anyone having trouble accessing mtgox the last couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by Tachi View Post
          I think you can email them and them and they will deposit the money into an AU account for you for a fee of $10 or something.

Anyone having trouble accessing mtgox the last couple of days?
          Ahh k, that sounds alright. Bitmarket has just opened up AUD transactions which makes it a lot easier to do exchanges between Australians as well, already signed up there so might give that a go. One of the many changes I've made to my computer in the last couple of days has broken my miners, gonna have to work it out. Think it could be the 11.6 drivers, they throw up errors when I install them but seem to work fine for games, maybe not for this though. Anyone else had problems with the latest ATI drivers?

Comment

Gizmodo:

If you’re an enthusiast of both the Bitcoin currency and the Windows platform, you’ll want to beware: there’s a Bitcoin-specific trojan virus out there that will scan your computer for the unencypted wallet file and acquire your hard-earned digital capital. Symantec says the found source code for the Infostealer.Coinbit trojan circulating around underground software forums. By default, the file that keeps record of your Bitcoin balance is unencrypted, and unless you secure that file yourself, it’s very easy for someone to steal the file using a simple system search. The trojan essentially replicates that process, by locating the file then either emailing it to the attacker or uploading it to their server. And considering that a single Bitcoin is roughly worth $US15 USD right now, that’s a file you’ll want to protect. Stay vigilant. [Symantec]

Comment

Comment

Where do you buy bitcoins? if they are worth nothing now they could be good investing in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzo90 View Post
                  Where do you buy bitcoins? if they are worth nothing now they could be good investing in?
                  The major exchange is down (it's the one that got hit) and will be coming up at a market price of approx $17.5 USD when they roll back data to before the attack and presumably fix up their security. Short term this will probably tank bitcoin prices, but hopefully it will recover as the market regains confidence. You can't buy bitcoins for cents each though, at least not at the moment. Market is still $13+ USD.

As to spending bitcoins, I found out about a website (spendbitcoins.com) that will exchange bitcoins for gift cards for Amazon, Newegg and one other place. It's down at the moment because they use Mt Gox to exchange bitcoins for USD, but if the market holds together long enough, I'm planning to save up my bitcoins and spend them that way. Might actually be able to get myself a nice new PC out of this in a few months, maybe a Kindle too

Comment

Working...
                  X