No announcement yet.

Android phone approx $500 outright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do that if you like, with a very simple jailbreak. Which ultimately is no different to flashing an Android with a different rom.

I personally am happy with everything iOS 5 beta offers out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookie23 View Post
      Well that's the first time I've heard someone say the iPhone 4 is better than its Android competitors. I'm an iPhone 4 user and although I haven't tried my sister's SII, I'm jealous of the flexibility she has that I don't. E.g. being able to do whatever the hell she wants with her media and not being restricted to fucking iTunes.
      Be envious of the flexibility, then flaunt the apps, design and functionality of your iphone

Comment

Originally posted by Brookie23 View Post
        not being restricted to fucking iTunes.
        It's called jailbreak. It's the first thing I did to my work iphone. I feel a lot cleaner using it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
          then flaunt the apps, design and functionality of your iphone
          ahahahahaha wait, you HAVE an iPhone, you're serious?? I'll give you the design bit - but apps? the only thing you have that i can't get on Android is iTunes and.. well.. yeah... as for functionality. well there's already a thread about that here somewhere ;P

Comment

The iPhone App Store remains superior, if not in range, then in quality. I've downloaded most of my regularly used iPhone Apps to my HTC Sensation, and few are as good. And there's a couple missing, too.

As for "functionality" - I don't understand the argument. You can do as much as the hardware will let you on both platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
              The iPhone App Store remains superior, if not in range, then in quality. I've downloaded most of my regularly used iPhone Apps to my HTC Sensation, and few are as good. And there's a couple missing, too.
              bound to be similar apps under a diff name if you lrn2search

As for "functionality" - I don't understand the argument. You can do as much as the hardware will let you on both platforms.
              I know: "well there's already a thread about that here somewhere ;P"

Comment

Oh, I've got the similar apps. I'm just saying they're inferior. The "like" apps just aren't as good most of the time. That includes Facebook, Flixter, Urbanspoon and so-on. I'm yet to find a good equivalant transport timetable app worth using for Brisbane.

As for outright missing that I use regularly; there's no Westpac app, for example. No FootyTips app either, as another. What about Chess With Friends? Nup. Yellow Cabs? Fail again.

Comment

Google Maps rules for public transport. Get latest version and check out the transit stuff.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

this looks like a westpac app to me: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

this seems like a pretty full featured brisbane transport app: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result (would be curious to see the iphone one to see what's missing - tho i note sooks upset this one stores on internal memory so that may annoy you).

there's pages of MP chess games.

here's a footy tips app for you: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

facebook is fail everywhere so i'm not even looking at that (tho apparently the SE version bundled into their android release is pretty good - never really tried my copy to know).

i can't compare any of those other dual system apps as I don't have an iphone to run them side by side, but Flixster - from their website - appears to be prettymuch the same app on all the devices they support (aside from different UI graphics due to OS reqs)? also urbanspoon looks identical between them (screenshots and feature list) - maybe you tried an early build on android?

crazy that yellow cabs hasn't ported to the larger market yet though. silly business is silly. especially in light of their app already supporting some google tech.

Comment

Religious argument.

Comment

i'm not arguing! just saying: i can't see a claim for either phone being better than the other - followed by assisting rec in replacing his dud android apps with some that (hopefully) work

Comment

htc wildfire not bad if you want all the glitz without the power hungry graphics.

Comment

The Go Brisbane for Android is inferior. That footy tips app is not the Footy Tips app nor does it have anything to do with them.

Comment

yeah that wasn't why i posted the footy tips one

Comment

Oh and yes there's pages of chess games, just not the best one.

Comment

Working...
                                X