Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5970's?

Comment

It's a fast ATI card - if you check out the benchmark screenies I posted, it tops both of those charts. It's also featured in the benchmark you posted.

In Bad Company 2 while its maximum performance is about 5% higher than the GTX 580, it drops to the same lows as the 570, which is why the GTX 580 is the top-rank on the benchmark you posted (above the 5970) as it maintains a higher frame rate.

It should definitely be considered, but Battlefield 3 is Nvidia optimised, utilising many of Nvidia's propriety technologies and leveraging extra frames in areas that where Nvidia shoots ahead, such as tessellation. And you'd have to deal with ATI drivers.
      Last edited by rec; 12-09-11, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I have a 5970, totally not worth it because you have to deal with Catalyst. 580 all the way, I regret my 5970.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
          It's a fast ATI card - if you check out the benchmark screenies I posted, it tops both of those charts. It's also featured in the benchmark you posted.
          Man, I even checked those graphs to make sure I didn't miss it the first time!
          Time for bed :p

Comment

I remember when bc2 first came out and I was on ATI and would suffer unbelievably shit load times, I think they were up to 5 minutes...
            now on nvidia sometimes don't have time to hit the put me in squad button
            If your main game will bf3 go nvidia!
            I thought you had 2 590's rec?

Comment

sorry 6970's is what i put in.

Comment

Still haven't bought the second 590, but will do soon.

---
                I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.431087,153.041855

Comment

and here I was thinking we were alike ...

Comment

so every time a new Graphics card comes out the others whould go down in price .. ?

having a look now and getting some prices.. might still have to wait for 3wks and after Hawaii, oh well..

Comment

I'm running 2x570s in my machine, pretty much nvidia exclusive these days simply because of the drivers (oh and the only two cards i've ever had failed were ati).

Also take into consideration the 'wank' graphics options you normally turn off like bloom. Also, if you can live with with turning turn the AF a notch or two you can save a bit of money.

Comment

Yeah I'll never get another ATI card. Despite the fact my GTX 295 is failing bad, I'd prefer a broken graphics card than having to wrangle with ATIs broken drivers. I don't understand how they can be so shit.

Comment

I was complaining about ATi drivers 10 years ago, they still are broked?!?
                          I'm interested in how do the high end Geforce cards fare in the Darwin heat?

Comment

My GTX 590 climbs to 90 degrees here in Brisbane if that's any indication. The GTX 580 would run far cooler, though.

Comment

My GTX580 is sitting on about 31C (ambient temperature is about 16deg atm). That's while playing BF3.

Comment

my GTX 285 handles a non-aircon room in Darwin while palying BF3 no troubles ;P

but yeah.. obviously not top o the line ;P

Comment

Working...
                                X