• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evo 3 > Every lan ever.

Comment

what about Dreamhack?

Welcome - DreamHack - the world's largest computer festival

Comment

what about it? every lan i've ever attended is clearly better to me than every lan i've ever not attended

Comment

Logic saves the day!

Comment

Originally posted by NewbiTLorD View Post
            I reckon, since the Lans are for everyone, we should start somewhat of a Donations box to help go towards an Evo for next year. I'm sure people would donate to it because everyone loves gettin out and enjoying a day or 2 of gaming with other gamers from the same area and what not, but just an idea :o
            sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbiTLorD View Post
              I reckon, since the Lans are for everyone, we should start somewhat of a Donations box to help go towards an Evo for next year. I'm sure people would donate to it because everyone loves gettin out and enjoying a day or 2 of gaming with other gamers from the same area and what not, but just an idea :o
              +1

Comment

What do u guys think of mid year?

Looking at the long weekend in jun or july whatever it is?

would be 3 days. With sponsors (hopefully) competitions, food, etc etc etc.

Comment

June and July sounds good to me, dunno what games will be out by then aswell as people should most likely atleast have a computer that can handle CoD4 and Crysis somewhat, so then people can all join in the fun. Will also have my P's licence by then so wont be baggin anyone for a lift, just fuel money

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri Kensuke View Post
                    Unless we can get the numbers (and at the moment, we simply just can't) we won't be having an Evo... That's not to say we won't ever, but with the cost of running an Evo style event and the numbers we can expect given the last year of LAN's, it'd be a mistake to hold an Evo this January, and if we did, we'd likely cause irrepairable damage to the clubs funds.

Be patient folks, for now lets aim for a nice big DGA event.
                    Nice negative points, the last year of dga lans has no bearing on an evo lan number wise, last 4 or 5 lans before evo5 had max of 70 ppl there, come evo 180 ppl, with a bit of promotion and sponsers a profit can be made from the event, so how does this damage a non profit organisation funds?
                    EDIT
                    heh just realised that it needs to be paid up front, alot of cash laid out, evo goes badly ie not enough ppl = dga broke
                    so i answered my own question lol
                    Last edited by Piggy; 19-12-07, 06:46 PM.

Comment

lol

Comment

How much would an event like this normal set u back?

Comment

Originally posted by HeReTiC View Post
                          Evo 3 > Every lan ever.
                          +1

smashing you guys in call of duty was it, for SB, was worth my flight up

Comment

+1 for mid year - if you need any help let me know

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
                              How much would an event like this normal set u back?
                              3-5k depending on location and what we have organised.

Comment

Let's start an EVO fund at the next DGA.

Comment

Working...
                                X