Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! LAN 3 - DGA 2008 - 19-20th July - Rego Open

DGA 2008 - Lan 3
    Presented by Projection Plus, Brownsmart, and the IT Shack.

DATE: Saturday 19th of July to the 20th of July
    TIME: Start will officially be 12PM (Mid-day). Helpers required at 11AM, early setup allowed after setup complete. End time sometime Sunday. Usually 12PM, though pending numbers, should be round up by 2PM at the latest.
    LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.
    FEE: $20 Admission.
    REGISTRATION: We request you register prior, it isn't required however. We cannot guarentee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.
    LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

GAMES: Final schedule to be discussed. Games will include, Counterstrike, Flatout 2, Trackmania Nations (free version available at LAN), Rainbow 6, plus more.
    CONSOLES: There will be a console available for paying entries only to fill time, and for group entertainment. A seperate fee for console only play will be discussed prior to the LAN, and will be announced soon.
    Personal consoles are also allowed during the event, along with your own viewing area. As this is a first for us, we'll be interested in what people feel would be appropriate for us to supply to make this a possibility. As it stands, we cannot supply any AV equipment for such things, and if you do with to bring a console, you'll need everything required to run it yourself. We can supply seats as per usual, and a table if needed.
    At this stage, we request you let us know if you intend to bring a console with you. Thus we can ensure you have enough space for it.

FILE SHARING: Information will be provided at the event on how to file share larger files. Some files will be shareable on Bit-torrent which is easily done, and will be fully explained at the LAN. File sharing is allowed, but alternative sharing methods are suggested for large files (500mb+). Regular slamming of network by filesharing will cease during competitions or if it's causing irregular gameplay.

Rules: In general, the rules haven't changed. Still no speakers, and you're responsible for your own equipment.

Helpers: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please post here.

Rules are as per previous LAN's and DGAs standard guidelines.
    If you know someone who would be interested in this event, please let them know.

Kagetsu
    DGA President.

Official Games List:
    - COD4
    - CS:S
    - Rainbow 6: Vegas 2
    - Trackmania Nations Forever (free game)
    - Flatout 2

PRIZES:
    - Razer Diamondback 3G Mouse & Steelpad QcK Mini mouse pad (IT Shack)

Thanks to Projection Plus for their supply of projects for games consoles!
    Thanks to Browns Mart for their supply and support with the premisis!
    Thanks to IT Shack for supply of prizes for competitions and/or door prizes!
    Last edited by Kagetsu; 11-07-08, 10:19 AM.

WOOOOTT

Let's amp it up guys!

/goes back to Conan

Comment

Should be good!

All needed now is the sign up page

Comment

nice, any comps happing this time?

Comment

would you like to run a comp fash?

Comment

Hmmm I wonder

Comment

I will be glad to help out

What time is best?

Comment

Is this the first lan at the Malak venue?

Comment

no, we've had two so far. One small one to test out the facility, and one 'larger' one.

I'll be doing a big thing about it tomorrow... Have been busy at work with tenders closing, but today was the last deadline, and it's all done. ^_~ So yeah. Hang tight fella's (and ladies).

Comment

I think there are bots that registered on the LAN

162/50?

Seems like random names from some bot

Comment

get the ip.. and share the love

Comment

Registrations fixed and corrected.

If your registration has been removed please re-register.

Due to the way the registrations were created I have reverted to the original process of confirming from a sent email and checking for a valid email address.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Comment

Cheers Raker.

Thanks guys for all the help, I've been overly busy in the last week and a half and hadn't had as much time to organise as I'd like. In any case, I'm on the job 100% again.

IT Shack have supplied two toys for the event that will be given away in an undecided way. They both go hand in hand.

Prize includes a Razer Diamondback 3G, and a Steelpad QcK Mini Mouse pad.

I'll be updating the first post with this information. I'd like to schedule a meeting for this Saturday afternoon if people are okay with that. Not a big thing, but more for the organisers to get together and finalise efforts for the evening.

Meeting to be held at East Point in the afternoon at 5:30pm (just a bit earlier) and will hopefully not run for more then 30 minutes. Location will be the BBQ area (first area on eastpoint reserve, opposite lake alexander) on the Beach side.

We were going to do a flyer run at Mindle Beach last night, but I'd run out of time to organise it. So instead we can try this Sunday night if people would like to?
                          Alternatively I'll have some flyers to hand out at gaming stores. Will be trying for one more sponsorship today.

Comment

As no one has confirmed that they can come along, we'll postpone the meeting until early this week. Right now, I propose Monday evening. Everybody okay with that? Otherwise Tuesday can be doable.

Comment

Didnt read ya post till just now... Monday sounds good dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X