No announcement yet.

Video card choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had to make this decision a few days ago when i ordered my new compy. 4870 seemed the best $/performance to me. i'd spend the extra and go for that unless you're budget is crazy restricted.

Comment

Originally posted by dmc333 View Post
      But arent those new ati cards running really hot even when thyre idle ?
      yep, but as mentioned above, ati claim that the 4800 series are designed to go up to around 100 degrees with no danger to the card.

i ran the ati tool artifact test when it was sitting at around 85 (without my fan profile activated), and it picked up none. so i guess ati know what they're talking about.

Comment

Sapphire Radeon HD4850 Toxic Edition seems to be my choice

Meets my price needs and does not have very hot temperatures according to the reviews I read.

Main page -

SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI-E

Reviews -

Bjorn3d.com -Sapphire Toxic HD 4850, Satisfying Your Daily Tech Cravings Since 1996

CPU3D.com - Sapphire Toxic HD4850 (512Mb DDR3)

[media]http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/productfiles/247specimage.jpg[/media]

PS - Thank for helping make the decision
        Last edited by Spiritwalker; 17-08-08, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I have ATI (Love the avivo) in my Home Theatre PC and nvidia 8800GTX in my Game PC. No complaints with either - I dont overclock the 8800GTX so heat isnt an issue.
          If you get some spare cash down the track you could crossfire the HD4850.

Comment

Working...
          X