No announcement yet.

DGA 50 - September 27th - 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pft never said I wasn't coming just prolly won't be in muh new case. this new case makes the pepsi case look like a freakin foxconn case ^_^

Comment

The Popsi case is a freakin foxconn case except for the paintjob. :p Just kidding!
      Good to come along anyway, it's all fun!

Comment

FINALLY got everything setup now I am home.

I would like to say a big thankyou to eveyone who attended. Sorry to those who complained about the music and I hope you all had a great time.

Gratz to Spiritwalker for winning the Flaout 2 comp.

Woot for Kagetsu for getting his 3rd 8800GTX installed and under water (t'was fun to help).

The numbers were great (over 40 I think) and the lan seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

And now we look forward to November...

Comment

Maybe we should have a poll about the music and how the event went.

A post feedback maybe?

Anyway thanks to Computers For You for the lovely ASUS Triton 79 CPU Cooler.

Was a great race by Joe Dirt and Vash at the end. I cannot wait to the next lan as per usual!

Comment

Big Thanks! to Krozen for mad shares ^_^

Comment

LOL the lan i'm not there Spirit wins flatout! have i taught you guys nothing??? hit him on the starting grid! ;P

Comment

reverse at the start....mmmmmm free nitro

Comment

I couldn't jump as quick as the lads above. ^_~

A massive thank you goes out to all the people, especially those who helped with setting up on day one. It was so quick, we were ready faster then we'd ever been ready!
                  A special thank you has to go out to the lads who also stayed around to help clean up (you know who you are!)... The clean up is the most important part of the event, and it all came off well in the end... My **** was flooding, ****! (if you were there, you'll know).

A very grateful community would have noticed we had Internet too. Firstly a thank you to everybody for not whoring the connection and using it only for occasional browsing and the emergency downloads.

Importantly, a thank you has to go out to the sponsors for this event... Their continued support has helped ensure DGAs gaining moment through the dry spout.

I'd also like to thank all the gamers that turned up and paid & played (obviously not NeoTheo, because he was too busy in town celebrating his 21st :p). Your continued patronage and support particularly through this tough time is encouraging for us all.

A personal thanks to the lads who assisted with my water-cooling endeavours during the night, Krozen, Papadom both especially.

The report for the LAN is as follows.

An excellent turnout with at one point 38 separate computers all playing games… The final numbers will come in the near future when we’ve counted up the funds and name list. The venue is excellent, though a little warm during the daylight times, it was nice in the evening though.
                  Spiritwalker won the Flatout 2 comp, which was fantastic, and a happy thing for him, after his near miss the last time.
                  We unfortunately didn’t have any more tournaments, due to too latent a time table… This will however change for the next LAN.
                  We did however have one console (360) at the LAN rock up by a nice owner with their own projector, which they let other people play with. DOA went off. ^_~

A few things that’ll be implemented in the next LAN (Which is to be held on the 25-26th of next month) or ones shortly after are:

* Significantly better timetable for tournaments. They will start at 7:00pm sharp. No more ifs or buts. The games list will be announced prior to the LAN and in what order, and when it’s expected to start. If you’re not in the game by the allotted time, it starts without you. Opportunities to enter a tournament midway through will be rare, and unlikely.

* A pizza run will be organised, and will need to be carried out prior to these tournaments. Lets say 5:30 put the order in which will leave plenty of time for eating before the comps.

* The music was nice to have, but will most likely not make an appearance at the next LAN, though we’ll have the PA as that was useful.

* Stricter entry practices. No computers will be permitted on the tables (except servers) prior to 12PM open time. Seating will be better controlled too. Right now we only have barely enough for two per table, and this will have to change soon. Even with that said, there are still people who setup in the middle of a table, and have it all to themselves. This will no longer be tolerated. If you setup in the middle, you’ll be expected to move. The great thing about this venue is it has plenty of floor space, so there’s no reason why crates and eskies need to be on the tables. We may experiment with gaps in the tables at the next LAN though, pending room, and how tired we are from setting up.

* Setup doesn’t require a lot of changes, but I do ask that if you come along, do not stand in the way if you’re not helping. We have a lot of work to do, and little time to do it in.

* The door to the building must remained closed. No more jamming it open with the bin. It’s hard enough keep it cool with 40+ computers running.

* Power will be a little more stable, and the load will be split a lot more evenly across the tables.

* We’ll have a working whiteboard next time around.

* We’ll hopefully have a working projector with updated tournament stats and general access information next around too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagetsu View Post
                    Lamest excuse in DGA history... :p you have the Popsi case anyway.
                    Nope, lamest excuse was something about a birthday?? And to think we had presents and cake ready for the birthday boy

Comment

Place was packed! Great to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Longtom View Post
                        Nope, lamest excuse was something about a birthday?? And to think we had presents and cake ready for the birthday boy
                        Was going to come downs on Saturday about 2ish. But figured that tripping over my own door on the way to the elevator meant i was still to pwned to drive. So i gracefully made my way to subway.....

Ill hopefully be there next time. Will have to get a new PC case but

Comment

Working...
                        X