X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA62 - Friday 28st August - Saturday 29th August - Rego Open

DGA 63

Sponsored by:
    Browns Mart NT, The IT Shack, Computers For You and Projection Plus.

DATE: Friday 28th August - Saturday 29th August.

TIME: Start will officially be 7PM. Helpers required at 6PM, early computer setup will be allowed after the lan setup is complete.
    The Lan will officially end at Saturday 7PM but may end later (the lan may finish later or earlier depending on the lans end of day numbers).
    If you decide to stay to the last minute, it'd be a great help if you can assist in the packing up of equipment.

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.
    Door Prizes!

Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarantee a seat for you.
    You can reserve a seat for yourself and who ever you decide to bring along. We cannot guarantee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: Darwin Gamers Association

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

FILE SHARING: See the white board when you enter the venue. More details on the a local web server.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment to this thread. We open the doors to people wishing to help us at 6PM if you come early and not help you will be asked to wait outside in the heat/rain until we are ready to start.
    Please note, helpers MAY bring their computers in prior to assisting, but may not setup on tables until organisation of the venue is complete.

SPEAKERS: We shall permit speakers. They are limited to fit on top of your allocated space and are no more than two desktop speakers (or monitor speakers alternatively). If you have a small sub with these speakers, it may be placed on the floor but must not impact other gamers. When gaming slows down, usually around 1AM, we ask that speakers be turned down to bare minimum if used for a crowd of people (ie, watching Anime). If on your own, use headphones.
    Music for the sake of music is no longer acceptable, as many people are unable to control themselves. Speakers are only to be used when you have a group of people. Outside of this, they should be turned off, or used as a preamp for headphones.
    Ultimately this is subject to Admin approval.

TIME TABLE: To be set on the evening.
    Games Included at the LAN are but not limitted to:

+ LEFT 4 DEAD (Very Popular)
    + WarCraft 3 (Very Popular)
    + Counter Strike (Popular)
    + Battlefield 2 (Popular)
    + Grid
    + Rainbow 6 - Vegas
    + Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
    and many more.

PRIZES: Prizes supplied by Computers For You, The IT Shack, and DGA donors.

NOTES: DGA will be looking into membership in the future. We're still drafting plans on what we hope to achieve etc in regards to this. Please note that all old membership fee's, plans and arrangements are nullified, and/or expired.

Your Computer
    In recent years computers have jumped leaps and bounds a lot faster then in the past. What this means for us is we require faster and more powerful computers just to run the standard run-of-mill games.
    Here's a quick guide to know if you're computer is capable of running the software at most LAN's.

Graphics Card: At least an nVidia 6 series graphics card, in the moderately high end, or even a mid range modern 9 series. Common gaming cards are: 9800GT, 8800GT, 7800GTX, 6800GTX... ATI have equivalents too. Please use Google to see if your system can run a game in the 'games' list.

MY COMPUTER CAN'T RUN THE GAMES!
    This is an all too common problem that has been occuring lately, and has caused problems for everybody involved. We admins will try and help as much as possible where we can, but please be aware that we can only help you so much. We're there to game too.
    It is YOUR responsibility to ensure your computer will run the game when required.
    DGA is currently working in conjunction with COMPUTERS FOR YOU and THE IT SHACK to create specific gaming systems, that will be available as a complete package at $2000. These machines are both capable of running every game that we play at the LAN's, and offers an entry into modified computers, as well as being in a package with plenty of room for expansion. COMPUTERS FOR YOU currently has an ATI based system available, which offers future expansion for Cross Fire, where as THE IT SHACK will offer an SLI sollution. Both computers are roughly the equivalent, and is purely up to you what you go for.

!!!It is your responsibility to ensure you computer is in working order!!!

-----------------------------------
    IMPORTANT
    Please keep your area clean. If you have rubbish, don't leave it on the table tops, instead put all rubbish in the bin. Try and avoid crumbs and food scraps falling onto the floor, and if you should, please clean it up right away.
    Last edited by neotheo; 08-08-09, 01:08 PM.

im going!
    Kagetsu have had the idea of putting DGA on facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by Xolares View Post
      im going!
      Kagetsu have had the idea of putting DGA on facebook?
      when we decide to put DGA on facebook we will, no other third party will be accepted to do so on our behalf.

Comment

I'm sure DGA is on facebook

(You need to be logged in)

Darwin Gamers Association | Facebook

Comment

Milenko is _almost_ certain to be making an appearance.

I just have to satisfy the gods of rostered days off

Comment

Might want to fix the date up, DGA62 - Friday 28st July - Saturday 29th August
            1 month long lan party :0

Comment

yeah, count me in, I'll also get my power cord off xolares which i left there last lan, rofl

Comment

Im coming also ill post the evet to my friends !!

Comment

Considering it.

Comment

Well see - Figjam

Comment

I built up a secondary computer, very basic: Pentium Xeon 2.5GHz (Dualcore) - 2GB DDR2 Ram, with an old videocard nvidia 8400 GS ...

But it runs just fine.

Comment

Be sure to spread the word gentlemen! lets try and make this one a big one!

And for those who say "but hardly anybody goes, so why should I?" get off your butt and get down to the LAN! Dont' blame it on someone else when you're too slack yourself to get out there.

Comment

It will be awesome fun.

The new aircons have been installed now and it get freezing cold now

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                            It will be awesome fun.

The new aircons have been installed now and it get freezing cold now
                            So remember to bring a jumper

Comment

I have posted Date for this lan on NOS and Facebook NOS. So i hope that will help make DGA Big again :p

Comment

Working...
                              X