• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, i look forward to necro ing this thread

Comment

^ with an 'i told you so ' eh

Comment

heya guys, have spoken a bit with Lothar about this, it isn't something that is discussed in a public forum, calls attention to the lan from the wrong sort of people,
        that said, i'm providing Lothar with a dc++ hub program that will utilise the gigabit network properly so attendees might want to get a copy of DC++ an start hashing (set the folders that you want to share)

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair View Post
          it isn't something that is discussed in a public forum, calls attention to the lan from the wrong sort of people
          Yeah no shit.

Comment

dc++ again hey

good luck with that

Comment

set it up properly and it works, without the huge drain on system resources, but the proper setup is critical. usually manage to shift about half a TB in 12 hours on a high traffic sever

Comment

not to flog this dead horse again, but the issue mainly revolved around the degree of control that dc++ hubs offered to DGA admins - which is to say that it actually gave DGA too much control over the nature of the content being shared (thus perhaps making DGA liable).

Comment

speaking of flogging a dead horse, windows sharing hasn't be used at a lan that i have been to in the last 8 years....
                  actually it is the same risk, all dc++ does is make it easier an more secure to transfer files, those files are still on your network...
                  there isn't actually anything within the hub program that let's you control the individual files on the network.

an personally, anyone coming up to me that i don't know well an asking me for a password to use windows sharing to get into my system ain't going to like the reaction they get...

Comment

Working...
                  X