Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning up my room (5870s, 5850, 4870, RROD Xbox 360, games etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah 5870 is like a 1/4 inch too big unless the power plugs into the back of it as well then its way too big. And the metal case in which the HDDs slot into are the culprit which cant be removed. it might also be too big for the mother board, ill have to check, cause it looked like the ram slots might be in the way. might just have to get a new case and mobo

Comment

Alright the 5850 should be 9.5" vs 11.1" for the 5870. Would fit, just depends on whether the power cables can be fit around the drive cage in the case. Could probably fix the problem with some cutters and a little filing :p. If you want to do a swap or something, we can probably sort it out. Fairly confident Imitation would prefer the 5870, though that's up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
        Unseen hasn't made his mind up yet about the XFX 5870, so that might be available too. I'll give him until Friday and if he still hasn't decided you can have that one too if you want. $600 for 3x5870 and the 5850? Otherwise, yeah, I'll do $450 for the 5850 and 2x 5870s.
        Ok either way is good.

Comment

hi wally - still got one of these 5870's?

Comment

or even a power adapter that goes into the powersupply / port? i need one to get my machine up and running
            Last edited by brownie; 16-07-11, 05:11 PM. Reason: \

Comment

@ Imitation - shot you a PM on OCAU earlier about the cards

@ brownie - I've just offered 2x 5870s + 5850 to Imitation and had decided to keep one to play through Portal 2/Shogun 2, but could reconsider. What sort of adapter do you need? A 2x molex -> 6 pin PCIe? Might have a spare one around.

Comment

Working...
              X