It is!

Leave a comment:

• Jaian
    replied
    Is it out yet?

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    well there's been a bit of news - looks like HBO's Programming Chief is hot for the show to happen after seeing dailies - HBO Encouraged By 'Game Of Thrones' | Airlock Alpha

HBO's dailies for the fantasy pilot "Game of Thrones" look "fantastic," and the project is ripe for a series pickup, according to the network's programming chief Michael Lombardo.

Executives are "sitting on pins and needles" waiting to view a rough cut in two weeks, Lombardo said. If the pilot is greenlit, "Game of Thrones" should hit HBO in March or April of 2011, and would span a novel’s worth of material per season.

Principal photography began in late October in Northern Ireland and wrapped up in Morocco in November. HBO reportedly spent between $5 million and $10 million on the pilot. Now they are apparently looking into booking two hangars at the Northern Ireland Paint Hall filming site for the next five years.

Tom McCarthy, who earned accolades for his work on 2003's "The Station Agent" and 2007's "The Visitor," directed the pilot based on a script penned by the show's executive producers David Benioff ("Troy," "The Kite Runner") and D.B. Weiss.

"Everything looks fantastic," Lombardo said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "The director got great performances. Unlike a lot of projects like this, everything was shot on location. It has such a rich texture that it looks more expensive than it actually was."

Based on Martin's bestselling “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels, the series would follow the treacherous clash between royal families to secure ultimate power of the vast lands of Westeros. Royalty and knights play a perilous game of intrigue, where those gifted with unflinching resolve and a keen eye for subterfuge often conquer more than the greatest armies.

"The fantasy is so incidental, it has a very adult tone," Lombardo explained. "You forget it's fantasy while you're watching it, and that's what I love about it."

The pilot will include some CGI for backgrounds and the tale's "direwolves" -- a mixture of real animals and CGI. Also, the series is confirmed to feature each family, like in the books, with its own color pallet for clothing and armor.

"Game of Thrones" stars Sean Bean ("The Lord of the Rings"), as Eddard "Ned" Stark; Lena Headey ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," "300"), who will play queen Cersei Lannister; Peter Dinklage as her cunning dwarf brother Tyrion; Nikolaj Coster-Waldau ("New Amsterdam") as her twin, Jaime; Jennifer Ehle as Ned's wife Catelyn Stark; and Mark Addy as King Robert Baratheon.

"I would be surprised if it doesn't" get greenlit, Lombardo said. "It has everything going for it."
    that was dated the 15th of January, so in theory they've had the rough cut for some time now, hopefully we'll hear something real soon.

Leave a comment:

• insidious
    replied
    and shes hot

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    Catelyn Stark has been cast - actress Jennifer Ehle is taking the role.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s320x240.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	595114

Most of you will know her best from her portrayal of Elizabeth Bennet in the BBC's miniseries of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE in 1995, but she's got all sorts of other credits, she's won a BAFTA Award and two Tonys, and she will be a wonderful Catelyn.
    I know I'm unmanning myself here, but she was excellent in Pride and Prejudice - I think she'll be awesome as Catelyn

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    OMFG they just cast Sean Bean as Eddard Stark - awesome

Originally posted by From GRRM's livejournal
    Well, Reuters has the story out already, so there's no longer any reason for me to keep mum. Yes, the rumors you've been seeing all over the web the last few days are true. Another huge piece has fallen into place for the HBO pilot of A GAME OF THRONES -- we have signed Sean Bean to play the part of Lord Eddard Stark.
    and King Robert I Baratheon is the chubby sidekick dude from A Knight's Tale.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    Apparently HBO are having difficulty with the casting, so Game of Thrones will now be animated instead of live action - from GRRM's blog:

Yes, HBO has been holding auditions for the pilot of A GAME OF THRONES. In London, in Ireland, even in LA. It's been tough finding the right actors for the roles, however, so we've decided to take a different approach. We're scrapping the whole live action thing, and we'll be doing the show as an animated cartoon. And who better to take charge of that than the guys who have done such a great job with SOUTH PARK lo these many seasons?

They've jumped right into it, and we've already got our characters:

HOUSE STARK

HOUSE LANNISTER
    untitled picture

HOUSE BARATHEON
    untitled picture

HOUSE GREYJOY
    untitled picture

HOUSE TYRELL
    untitled picture

Can you dig it?

All together now. "You killed Ned. You BASTARDS!"

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    The first cast member has been signed - Peter Dinklage who i reckon will do an awesome job of Tyrion .. unfortunately, being an HBO series, I'm sure the nude scenes will stay in.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    woohoo! I was scared the financial troubles would spell the end of this show, but the worry is over!

21 April 2009 - HBO to film TV pilot in Northern Ireland | Northern Ireland Executive

they start filming in october

'A Game of Thrones', is scheduled to arrive in the third quarter of 2009 and is set to be an epic project. It is expected that the production will utilise various locations, as well as build a massive set in the Paint Hall.
    and a snippet from the great man himself:

Before it was a film studio, the Paint Hall was part of Belfast's famous Harland & Wolff Shipyards, where the TITANIC and many other ships were constructed. The facility is pretty titanic as well. Of course, all of us connected with A GAME OF THRONES are hoping we'll fare somewhat better on our own maiden voyage.

There's lots of other exciting news on the pilot as well, but nothing I can share. Sorry, lips are sealed. You'll have to wait for Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss... and HBO.
    to quote some chick off JJJ - my heart is beatin like a jungle druuuuuuuuuuuuuum rugakatoog-katoogatoogtoogtoog

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    woohoo! I was scared the financial troubles would spell the end of this show, but the worry is over!

21 April 2009 - HBO to film TV pilot in Northern Ireland | Northern Ireland Executive

they start filming in october

'A Game of Thrones', is scheduled to arrive in the third quarter of 2009 and is set to be an epic project. It is expected that the production will utilise various locations, as well as build a massive set in the Paint Hall.
    and a snippet from the great man himself:

Before it was a film studio, the Paint Hall was part of Belfast's famous Harland & Wolff Shipyards, where the TITANIC and many other ships were constructed. The facility is pretty titanic as well. Of course, all of us connected with A GAME OF THRONES are hoping we'll fare somewhat better on our own maiden voyage.

There's lots of other exciting news on the pilot as well, but nothing I can share. Sorry, lips are sealed. You'll have to wait for Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss... and HBO.
    to quote some chick off JJJ - my heart is beatin like a jungle druuuuuuuuuuuuuum rugakatoog-katoogatoogtoogtoog

Leave a comment:

• Jaian
    replied
    I should have listened to you, and yes it truly is awful. The only possible saving grace is that it appears the women of that world are all bosomy and try to show as much of their cleavage as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Harbinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaian View Post
    Also of news, 2 weeks ago they've started showing the live-action tv adaption of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, titled Legend of the Seeker.

I'm downloaded the first 2/3 episodes now.
    it is AWFUL

seriously don't watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Jaian
    replied
    Also of news, 2 weeks ago they've started showing the live-action tv adaption of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, titled Legend of the Seeker.

I'm downloaded the first 2/3 episodes now.

Leave a comment:

• snake coward
    replied
    I can see the wheel of time movies now.. Days of our Lives filled with nagging whiney 'ho's. /Runs screaming in terror.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied
    yeah, although Song of Ice and Fire craps all over WoT - either way, big win for fantasy lovers though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X