No announcement yet.

Star Trek - The Next Generation Blu-rays Launch in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voyager was quite good, imo better than Enterprise but could have been darker in plot.

Sisko is not Picard.

Comment

I loved Voyager most personally - especially the later seasons and the stuff focussing on them getting back home etc.

Comment

Crusade was cool too - from what i remember of it. And Bab 5 needs a CG make-over as well.

also Defying Gravity (from the list of cancelled before they were given a chance)

Comment

Hhhhnnnngggg

Star Trek TNG Blu-Ray Images Show Off A Much-Improved Crystalline Entity | Giant Freakin Robot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Stroker View Post
              Allow me to reciprocate, chad:

Andromeda - Never watched it, will one day (same goes for Farscape).

DS9 - You already know I think it's the best Trek series.
              Voyager - More annoying characters than any other Trek series, too much contrived techno-babble and too many manufactured dilemmas that are inexplicably resolved. A shame, too, because some episodes were brilliant (Scorpion, Year of Hell). Might have been awesome had it been a much darker series than it was considering the circumstances the crew were in (think SGU compared to SG1) but obviously Berman et. al. didn't have the balls to shake up the formula. In short: it sucks. Worst Trek series imho.
              Enterprise - Good series. Slow boiler but really enjoyed the long story-arc of season 2/3 and the mini-arcs of season 4. Apart from the stupid time-traveling Nazi alien one at the beginning of season 4. Shame it got binned just as it was beginning to deliver.
              TNG - Good as long as you cherry-pick specific episodes and ignore the rest.
              Babylon 5 - Love the arse off it. First season suffers from the wobbly acting and shit CGI typical of nascent sci-fi series but the scale and depth of the completed main storyline (end of season 4) is just amazing and rewards the viewer for taking the time to watch it all. One of my favourite series of all time.
              SG1, SGU, SGA - Love the shit out of them all. SG1 overstayed its welcome though. Series 9 & 10 were superfluous. Wished SGA got a couple more seasons. Really pissed that SGU got cancelled just as they were beginning to reveal some awesome secrets about the plot.
              BSG - Loved 99% of it.
              Firefly - <3
              LOL i saw that you like DS9 then it just got worse and worse, Babylon 5 was THE worst Sci Fi series EVER, followed very closely by Andromeda, then DS9.

TOS the remastered version is great, TNG starts slow, but at about season 3 it becomes a very close second only to TOS, voyager had a slow start as well, but season 4 onwards are great.

Enterprise was extremely bad for the first 2 seasons, then started to get ok in 3, then fell off the wagon again.
              DS9 just never got good, drug addicted super soldiers controlled by shape shifters? really?
              A human with a questionable past becomes a godlike being... again really? that was about as believable as Wesley Crusher becoming a traveller

Back on topic, they actual;ly aired 2 eps at the cinema down here for the release on the 25th of July, i missed out, took the missus to cirque du soleil.

But a mate rekons it looks amazing, and if you have seen the difference between TOS originals an dthe new digitally remastered you'll agree.
              Last edited by Ratty; 02-08-12, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                Babylon 5 was THE worst Sci Fi series EVER
                you.. you didn't just? really? but.. i don't even... Bab5 had the best storyline of any scifi series to date - nothing has come close. the only drawback to it was the dodgy CG and red dwarf rejects sets.

Comment

I don't know why all the hate on DS9.
                  That series has some AWESOME characters in it.

Comment

Babylon 5 was THE worst Sci Fi series EVER
                    What is this i don't even

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                      I don't know why all the hate on DS9.
                      That series has some AWESOME characters in it.
                      True, but also unfortunately every one of those was balanced out by Jake

Comment

ds9 is still good, just not as good as other treks.
                        its the best Babylon 5 rip off i've ever seen

Comment

I'll give you the story was ok, but yeah sets and CG were incredibly bad, and the acting was just as awful.
                          Even LEXX had better... all of the above... and it was about a zombie, a sex slave who used to be a spacecow, a gender switching robot head and a giant flying dragonfly spaceship, and the whole thing was filmed in a dudes basement.

Comment

Even LEXX had better... all of the above... and it was about a zombie, a sex slave who used to be a spacecow, a gender switching robot head and a giant flying dragonfly spaceship, and the whole thing was filmed in a dudes basement.
                            You forgot and boobs.

Comment

You forgot and boobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X