Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GU Live for Speed server online

For those of you out there who enjoy a good race sim (in this case; the best), I've thrown up a LFS server for us to play on. If you don't know what LFS is, check out some screenshots and info at the official site.

Grandinferno, Formula1, Corco and a couple of our friends will be giving it a good run-in over the holiday season and into the start of next year. Some of us in 3D.

The server is set on "demo" mode at the moment, so if you want to give it a shot, go grab the full client vZ28 installer from Internode and jump on. Simply fire-up the in-game server browser, sort by ping, and "Gamers-Underground.com LFS" should be up top somewhere - just make sure you also have it show empty servers in case no one is racing when you're searching.

If anyone has been considering picking up a racing wheel for this, DiRT 2, NFS Shift or even the Gran Turismo 5 demo, Dick Smith has Logitech Driving Force GT's for $99 - normally $139 there, $179 in EB Games, and still $249 at Harvey Norman. It's an outrageous deal, for one of the best wheels on the market behind the G25/G27 and Fanatec 911 GT3.

Update: Second server online, using "S2 license" (requires you buy the game for AUD $44). I've enabled the ability to use the 3 more powerful open-wheelers (F1 included), and vote to race on other tracks.

Thanks, will give this a go and the small file size is awesome

Comment

JB HiFi in Cas have the G25 for $250 atm, there were only a couple in there when I saw it (one less now)

Comment

Some quick tips for newbs; the FBM (open wheeler car available) requires you to let off the gas to change gear (if manual). Also, don't go above 1st gear in the pits, or you'll exceed the speed limit and be handed a drive-through penalty. Oh, and even in auto, remember to shift into first gear to get off the start line (don't accel early, or you'll also need to do a drive-through).

Comment

Can't wait to get into this after my return from the wilderness...

Comment

haha.. wilderness indeed. Get back to Radelaide

Comment

Horrid, horrid controls - doesn't support half the buttons on the most commonly used gamepad on the market.

Comment

It works extraordinarily well with a wheel, and virtually nothing else. It's a sim!

Anyone who even enjoys the occasional racing game really should pick up one of those Driving Force GT's - it costs as much as a game.

I know people who play it with a keyboard, as it has surprisingly smart support for it, but I think they're crazy.

Comment

Price drop.... It's now low enough for me to get one and not care If I don't use it much

$88.96 with FREE delivery! PS3 Logitech Driving Force Wireless Wheel (YG0124) | Dick Smith Online Store

You sure this works on a PC rec... makes no sense to me that they would not specify that it does but I want to be sure eh.

edit - I've read enough views to know that it can... no driver on the logitech site though.
                  Last edited by ResLo; 21-12-09, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Wrong one, Ronan. That's the wireless POS. Smaller wheel, poorer construction, less support by games, less driver support, no force feedback unless powered anyway.

You need the GT, not the wireless. Of which I own 2. 1 for the HTPC, 1 for my desktop PC. They work, and work exceptionally well. And there is official Win 7 drivers for it.

I haven't seen it cheaper than $99 from Dick Smith retail.

But, you can get it from their website for a few cents more, including free delivery: http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...ct/View/YG2331

Comment

Second server now online, for people who own LFS S2.

Comment

GT wheel ordered.... thanks secret Santa you da man !

Comment

Sweet... at very least get the LFS demo for your sim fix.

DiRT 2 and NFS: SHIFT are also recent must-owns imo, but obviously far more arcade inclined.

Let us know when it arrives and we'll have a race.

Comment

I like Live for Speed and have yet to play DiRT 2 but NFS: Shift shits me to tears with the built in oversteer in the drift mode. The tiniest twitch in the most gutless of cars with the lowest of revs = massive wheel spin and loss of control.

Comment

Yeah, but it's a racer for the masses, despite the dev team previously being sim focused. There's a lot that's sim about it, but even more that's not. I still find it fun, though.

Not nearly as fun as LFS, though - which is hands down the best racer I've ever played. It just feels "right".

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Working...
                              X