GU Live for Speed server online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've played the demo and LFS is seriously awesome. Car control is spot on and feels like I'm thrashing around in my own car.

NFS can be fun but it's like they've interpreted the word Sim as meaning "Hard to control" and deliberately made it frustrating and nigh unplayable at times with no realism.

At least in the Underground series it was fun, sure they werent anything remotely resembling sim but at least they knew this and the handling model was fun.

Unrealistic and easy = fun.
    Realistic and hard = fun.
    Unrealistic and hard = painful.

Graphics are nice though and the racing with small engine cars is great fun too.

I still play a lot of V8 Supercars/V8 Supercars 2, those were fun.

Comment

nfs shift can be fun, but the physics engine is just shitful. you can only be mounted by so many cars before you have to wonder why the fuck you are playing this STUPID FUCKING GAME FUCK.

actually the GT5 demo is quite awesome, gonna give it another go tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLo View Post
        haha.. wilderness indeed. Get back to Radelaide
        I'm sitting out on a wooden deck, looking into dense rainforest. I don't know whether I want to come back!

Comment

That sounded all serene and nature-like... as if you were really getting in touch with the great outdoors. And then I realised, you must have been posting this from a laptop or mobile phone.

Comment

Set PB last night, 1:15.65 - Corco set something milliseconds slower.

Comment

These Steam Christmas deals are looking very tempting.... depending on how excited I get when my Driving force GT wheel gets unwrapped I could be spending a fair few quid on driving games

Already downloaded DIRT2 demo... it's hopeless using the keyboard don't even try, graphics look good though even if I cant display them in their full DX11 glory.

I'll also try and see how my Eeepc runs LFS... thre are plenty of Youtube videos showing its possible.... with my wheel? mmmm may have to set that up before I leave for Warrnambool

Comment

LFS would run fine on one of the new eeepc's. Definitely go mobile with it. We'll race while you're abroad.

Comment

DX11 DiRT 2 looks fantastic. Running 2560x1600 max everything and it looks phenomenal.

Comment

1:15.27 on Blackwood with the FBM (Formula BMW) with race-length fuel (8 laps). World record difference of a massive +0:03.31, but without creating a hotlap-specific setup (virtually no fuel and tyres that burn up after a couple runs around) I don't think I'll be getting any closer to that.

I've promoted myself to the GU S2 server, driving the BF1 (BMW F1.06) around Westhill.

Comment

1:15.23 on Westhill International with the BF1, 5 laps fuel. Sam (Formula1 did a 1:15.22 - cunt). Going to try with race-length fuel now (7 laps). Corco is yet to race it.

Looking forward to seeing your times when you get the wheel, Reslo. And yours when you get home, Papercut.

Comment

I was disappointed to find my DFGT wheel did not work with my Eeepc - got home to find it works fine on my home PC Wont have time to set a decent lap as we travel tomorrow and I have files to copy to my lappy for the trip, that and the pedals are slipping on the carpet.

Will post some decent times in the new year.

Comment

Damn! Race you in twenty-ten!

Comment

1:14.59 FBW, Blackwood, 7 lap race setup - man-o-man. Pumped. Insane lap. Insane.

Comment

So so pumped about getting home and doing some laps. My only problem is going to be attaching my wheel to my big ol' desk!!

Comment

Got it working on the Eee but the screen is too small, so it will still be 2010 before I race you boys.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Working...
                                X