Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops only $68AUD on Steam for GUpremium users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed on whirlpool that you can get black ops from direct 2 drive for $45US via a 25% off code "bigsavings"

Download Games | PC Games and Mac Game Downloads at Direct2Drive

The bigsavings code will work till monday morning US time. But it's possible they'll put a block on black ops before that time

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
      Just noticed on whirlpool that you can get black ops from direct 2 drive for $45US via a 25% off code "bigsavings"

Didnt direct 2 drive have a hissy fit back with mw2 how it required steam to run

Download Games | PC Games and Mac Game Downloads at Direct2Drive

The bigsavings code will work till monday morning US time. But it's possible they'll put a block on black ops before that time

Didnt direct 2 drive have a hissy fit on how it requires steam to work

Edit: Once u add the code "bigsavings" it reduces the price to $44.96. Anyone willing to buy me a copy? I direct deposit back straight away
      Last edited by Joshuayu101; 06-11-10, 01:06 PM.

Comment

FAQ about the d2d buy done by some whirlpoolian here - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...726&p=56#r1117

Ok peeps.

1. Is this a steam key?
        A. Yes. You can download and play via steam

2. How big is the file
        A. 7.5GB

3. Can you preload?
        A. Yes. Press the preload button once you have bought it

4. OH NO service error
        A. Try again, delete cache and cookies and try again.

5. Verification when i pay by paypal?
        A. You need to put country to Australia and put your number. DONT FORGET, PUT AREA CODE. I,e 02 XXXX XXXX

6. Is D2D legit.
        A. Yes.

7. When can i play the game?
        Around midday 9th NOV

8.Hurr Durr
        A. DERP

Non D2D related questions which people ask every 2 pages.

1. Is this P2P?
        A. No. Its got dedicated servers

2. Where can I get this cheap?
        A. Direct 2 Drive, currently 45AUD which bigsavings coupon

Comment

Went the D2D option last night. Game is now pre-loaded and awaiting my key. It seems to integrate with steam. Oh and $44.96 is what I payed

Comment

worth noting that australian dollar went past parity.

Comment

ORDERED via D2D and downloading now, epic speeds as well must have a 3FL mirror so win win

Comment

i went D2D as well .. downloading as we speak .. just awaiting the key.

Comment

+1

Comment

D2D have now stopped selling to Australian, New Zealand, German and Japanese customers.

Comment

Ok. Bought D2D copy, downloaded, but can't install without a key which they won't release til the US or UK release. How the hell am I supposed to play now then? Obviously I can't until the release time. But which will it be? US or UK?

Comment

UK are already playing. USA unlocks in 8 hours on Steam - likely the same for D2D.

Comment

I don't understand though. They know I'm AU, but I still have to wait for the US release? Sucks.

Comment

They're an American service. It would be like buying it from the USA region store on Steam.

And now they've banned Australians from using D2D anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                              And now they've banned Australians from using D2D anyway.
                              Well that was short lived! lol

Comment

God dammit! Got a "Failed File Verification" at the end of the download.

Short of putting in a support ticket to D2D, anyone know why this has happened?

Comment

Working...
                                X