Dead Island - Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
    wow hard luck man. I bought it at lunchtime from GMG and got the key right away.
    I got an activation key but from what I've read that's a DLC key as when trying to activate if via steam it errors saying I must activate the game first before using that key. So hopefully I get a key within next day or so otherwise I'll be having another lovely chat with them about another game not working lol.

Comment

ahh i had two keys in my email

Comment

Disable bloom:
        Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - calling all modders let's mod dead island incl fix fov/blur/bloom/mouse/fps/+ more

I figured out how to disable the Weapon Refraction (blurry effect when you swing a large weapon).

Here is the result: With Refraction (http://i.imgur.com/9GC6Z.jpg) - Refraction Disabled (http://i.imgur.com/Ltw3y.jpg)

Anyways... To disable Weapon Refraction download this file (http://www.mediafire.com/?un1da1zbaz496cn) and extract it into your 'My Documents\DeadIsland\out' folder.

If you want to disable Weapon Refraction manually:

Open Data0.pak in Steam\steamapps\common\dead island\DI dir with winrar (or any other archive program). In the Postprocess dir of Data0.pak find scene30.ppfx and copy it to your My Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data\Postprocess folder. Create the Data and Postprocess folders if they do not already exist.

Open scene30.ppfx in a text editor (preferably one with line numbers) and comment out (syntax is // before each line you want commented out) the following lines: line 502 to 511

If you don't have a line count ctrl-f for '// RFR //' and then comment out every single line until you reach '//// PREVIOUS BLEND //'

p.s. If you want both Weapon Refraction and Bloom disabled, use this file (http://www.mediafire.com/?r94x3ldxboa5qie)
        Okay.. I finally figured out how to disable Bloom. That took way too long to parse all these damn post processing effects scripts. They really need to comment their damn code better! It also didn't help that they included all the ppfx files for xbox360 and ps3 in the PC release so it took ages just to find out which ones were for the PC.

Here is the result: With Bloom (http://i.imgur.com/8IFFa.jpg) - Bloom Disabled (http://i.imgur.com/p3BVq.jpg)

Anyways... To disable Bloom download this file (http://www.mediafire.com/?rul45zv03lvtc2k) and extract it into your 'My Documents\DeadIsland\out' folder.

If you want to disable Bloom manually:

Open Data0.pak in Steam\steamapps\common\dead island\DI dir with winrar (or any other archive program). In the Postprocess dir of Data0.pak find scene30.ppfx and copy it to your My Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data\Postprocess folder. Create the Data and Postprocess folders if they do not already exist.

Open scene30.ppfx in a text editor (preferably one with line numbers) and comment out (syntax is // before each line you want commented out) the following lines: line 549 to 630

If you don't have a line count ctrl-f for '// SUN RAYS' and then comment out every single line until you reach '// BLUR //'

EDIT: Others have pointed out some glitches, so here is the fix:

You must also copy over from the Data0.pak Data\Postprocess folder the files indoor30.ppfx and front30.ppfx and then edit them as well.

for indoor30.ppfx comment out line 345 to 501
        for front30.ppfx comment out line 533 to 614

I have also already updated all the mediafire files for those not comfortable with making the tweak themselves.
        Last edited by Jay; 10-09-11, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Just completed it!

I did every side-quest available and spent 28hrs playing in total.
          Now to go back and play again as Xian Mei!

Ps: If you use Logan, make sure to get Fury straight away :p

Comment

he's fucking annoying, you cant carry enough shit to make throwing weapons worthwhile

Comment

Got my key about half hour after my previous post so downloaded it last night and gonna give it a burl today

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                he's fucking annoying, you cant carry enough shit to make throwing weapons worthwhile
                You can if you spend points in the Survival tree. That said, I played him as any other character and didn't really use thrown items til much later in the game.

Comment

Disable voice in game:

I've not tried this yet but hopefully it works since it looks like the devs put no means off turning off the default in game voice.

Steam > settings > voice > change default recording device to line in or something other than your mic.

Then set mumble to use your actual mic.

Will test later.

Comment

Would you be up for some online co-op Chips?

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                      Would you be up for some online co-op Chips?
                      Would love to, but goddamn migraine from the game ATM .

Also in case any one missed it, in the in-game settings > online you can set private slots 3 which should prevent
                      randoms from joining.

Comment

Tried the mic fix - but I can't do it, as theres only two recording devices (Mic and Stereo-Mix). If I chose Stereo-Mix, it will play back anything that comes out of the speakers, lol.

Edit: nvm, i can just turn the xmit volume all the way down and that will do the same thing. I don't use Steam voice chat for anything anyway.

Comment

If you want both Weapon Refraction and Bloom disabled, use this file (Both.rar)

If you want Weapon Refraction, Bloom and Dust disable, use this file (All.rar)
                          ^ win

Comment

lol

Comment

bought this game, liked it. very similar to borderlands though, just with zombies and more focus on melee.

Comment

but also with less focus - damnable dust and blur crap!

Comment

Working...
                                X