No announcement yet.

Your Top 5 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heroes quest? if it's the series im thinking of, they piss me off....

if it's not, then it must be good.

Comment

in no order.

1. Pacman
      2. Space Invaders
      3. Snake and Snake II
      4. Crazy Taxi
      5. Motocross Madness

Comment

I agree with Burk above.

Comment

i'd rather do taxi on GTA than friggin crazy taxi...

Comment

i must admit in all seriousness (if u missed it, my previous post was not!) GTA3 is a great game and would definately come close to the top of my top 5 list. others included would be CS, BF1942, OpFlashpoint and Motocross Madness 2!

Comment

Hmm... i'm dating back a little bit here. I guess whatever entertained me the most.

Final Fantasy 8 on Playstation. Amazing game! I would play it sometimes, and not even eat. Nothing could interrupt me! Minutes were seconds!

Age of Empires. Beautiful game, and my first RTS

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. First serious online game I played for close to a year.

Counter-Strike. It's what's brought me where I am today

Battlefield 1942 & Desert Combat. Nuff said.

The Sims (and all expansions I owned) was a great game too sometimes. Perhaps when I was younger. It doesn't occupy me enough now.

Comment

yeah, we all love BF

Comment

Top 5.

QuakeWorld
                  DooM Legacy
                  Total Annihilation
                  QuakeWorld Team Fortress
                  Quake3

Also a fan of Diablo\Diablo2.

BTW, does anybody know if there's ever gonna be a SimCity version with multi-player co-op? Doubt it but I reckon it could be fun.

Comment

Anything that has a Steyr-AUG in it :mrgreen:

Comment

Halflife
                      GTA 3
                      Diablo 1
                      BF1942
                      Call Of Duty

Comment

Desert Combat
                        Diablo 2
                        Angband
                        Neverwinter Nights
                        Total Annihilation

In no particular order

Comment

FF3 + 7
                          Half-life + mods
                          Total Annihilation
                          Heroes of Might and Magic 2
                          Anything made by Blizzard (especially wc3 + TFT and)

Also any SNES rpg e.g. Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger etc

Originally posted by gobbles
                          2: SWOTL (Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe)
                          I think I've still got a copy of that on floppy somewhere in my garage

Comment

Okay some games that I have lost too much of my life too

1. Tekken, in all its forms

I have spent too long mastering combos, tactics, frame counting, anti-scrub, 10-hits, traps, poking, turtleing, the tripple EWGF, floats, multi throws and more. And I still could be better at the game, at my height of obsession, I was waking up from dreams where I was playing the game, and my hands were doing the combos.

2. Final Fantasy, in all form

I have finished ALL of them, the first 3 just to say I had, I recomend anyone getting into RPG's to start with these games, they are fan-tas-tic. The biggest jump in quality is from 6 to 7. Number 7 is a masterpiece, great story, great characters, great (for their time) graphics, great music. Just because number 7 is fantastic, it does not mean that the rest arent good, in order of best to worst (IMO) 7-10-8-9-5-6-3-2-1-Mystic Quest. (Mystic Quest is the only one I dont recomend )

3. Shenmue/Shenmue 2

Little known RPG that should be MUCH better know, these games are very very good, the story is FANTASTIC, it has love, hope, revenge, loss, betrayal, friendship, humor, and more.... The game is based in Japan/Hong Kong/China (number 3 comes out soon, who knows where that will go ) in 1987, You play the part of Ryo Hazuki, and in one of the first scenes your Father is murded infront of you, and the story follows your quest to find your fathers killer, and seek your revenge. The game goes into so much realism and detail, they actually got the weather reports in the areas your character is in, and recreate them. The game was made by the amazing Yu Suzuki, who also made the Virtua Fighter series, after burner, and the outrun series. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMENDED, however only on dreamcast/x-box.

4. Smackdown 1-5

More fun with 3-5 friends cannot be had . I have played these through from start to finnish with a bunch of mates, unlocking stuff, shouting, slapping, and screaming as the finishing moves go off . The recent one just out changes the system a fair bit, but is still fun, fast and accessible, the 3 things that made the game good in the first place.

5. Diablo 2

Another fantastic game, I have gone on at length about Diablo 2 before, so I am sure you know how I feel about the game, its great fun, but even more so in multiplayer. Once the game is done, you can still spen hours item hunting, building your char, leveling up, remaking with the perfect build, making novelty build chars (try a palladin with a bow) and in the latest patch, TRYING TO MAKE IT PAST HELL, fork that.

So yeah, a bit of a long winded post but eh? what the hell I felt like writing something

Comment

in order (kinda)

1. Counterstrike (duh) + Half-life and other mods
                              2. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
                              3. Rogue Spear 3: Raven Sheild
                              4. Battlefield 1942 and mods
                              5. Diablo 2 + Expansion

other stuff i could add
                              quake 3 + mods
                              neverwinter nights
                              unreal tournament + mods and mutators
                              serious sam
                              nfs series
                              aoe 1 & 2

Comment

Necro-post for a link to a tear inducing nostalgic article on Broken Sword, who a few of us put in their top 5...

Feature: Broken Sword: Why it's THE thinking man's epic - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Comment

Working...
                                X