Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh damn that goat!

Comment

so many people who never post anymore... who the fuck grows up... seriously!

Comment

Loser adults!

Comment

Lol, just read my epic post, and I would still keep most of my top 5 there

Comment

Yep, despite some amazing games since, mine remain fondly the same.

Comment

Yeah it's kinda scary that my list hasn't changed since then either.

Comment

Bf1942
                Diablo 2
                Age of Empires
                Bauldurs Gate 1 and 2
                Xcom (enemy unknown and terror from the deep)

Was my list.

Would mostly stay the same.

I play xcom atleast once a year now thanks to steam.
                Finally also be able to play Bauldurs gate again thanks to GoG. Still had my original discs but could not get either 1 or 2 or any of the expansion working on windows 7 but thanks to the like of Steam and Good old Games I can play this old game I loved without as much of a hassle.

The old xcom games I don't think anything will beat them off the list while the GFX don't the gameplay still holds up and it still my favourite game of all time.

Baldur's Gate is one of the game that cemented my love of CRPGs and there is no other genre of game that has taken up more of time even if I put MMORPG in a separate category. BioWares' back catalogue is amounts the best in the industry which why I'm likely to forgive them and play The Old Republic anyway.

Age of Empire was my favourite RST but I never did play star craft at the time. Since I think Star Craft 2 has it beat from a competitive fun PoV but now my favourite RTS would have to be the Company of Heroes series. Company of Heroes took a gameplay element from a game that would likely have been on my top 10 in 2003 and improved it. That game was a title called Z by the bitmap brothers.

Diablo 2 still wins out in the action RPG stacks although I found death spank more pure fun it just lacked depth.

BF1942 none of the successors hold up the original and I never was a CS fan.

So that leaves my at.

Bf1942
                Diablo 2
                Age of Empires Company of Heros
                Bauldurs Gate 1 and 2
                Xcom (enemy unknown and terror from the deep)

But wait there is one game that was released that I think is one of the best of all time.
                Portal. For me it is a toss up between BF1942 and Diablo2 over which would get cut.

Comment

I only played Broken Sword for the first time when they released the updated version for iOS a few months ago. It's one of those adventure games that got past me somehow back when that genre was still srs bsns. Although I'm only a bit over 1/2 way through I'm really digging it, so much so that I bought all the Broken Sword titles on gog.com a while back for when I eventually finish it and want to move on to the next ones in the series.

Since I never contributed my top 5 games when this thread was fresh I'm going to do it now* and win at life:

X-Com
                  The Secret of Monkey Island
                  Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
                  Mass Effect 2
                  Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

* 5 chosen games subject to constant change depending on what mood I'm in when I get asked. Except for X-Com and Mass Effect, that is.

Comment

List ranking : time spent enjoying gamming.
                    1. World of Warcraft
                    2. Halo
                    3. Starcraft/Warcraft
                    4. Perfect Dark
                    5. Mario Brothers

Comment

haha knew you'd have x-com and monkey island in there, Bam

my 5 would be:

marathon
                      monkey island (the lot, they all count as one to me)
                      syndicate
                      dungeon keeper 2
                      portal

i'd love to add Myst, The Dig, mechwarrior 2, descent freespace 2, mass effect, Rune, Ghost Recon, and Tie Fighter, but i'd play any of the above before any of these

Comment

Doom (PC)
                        Wipe out (PS1)
                        Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
                        CS (PC)
                        Civ 3 (PC)

Comment

wow 8 years

probably about as necro as it gets.

my list has changed definately.

Comment

Doom
                            Borderlands
                            Starcraft & Brood War
                            Civliasation 3
                            And probs gauntlet dark legacy.

And thats my last 12 years of gaming in a nutshell. Each of these games has definately impacted the way i see gaming. of course theres alot more. but we could only list 5

Comment

Originally posted by nroug7 View Post
                              of course theres alot more. but we could only list 5
                              It's a hard-and-fast rule. Those in breach of this rule may be punishable BY DEATH.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                                It's a hard-and-fast rule. Those in breach of this rule may be punishable BY DEATH.
                                Death without respawn? or death with respawn? If death without respawn, oh noes.

Comment

Working...
                                X