X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia 2

GameSpot Video: Mafia II Walk-Through Video 1

loved that video.. nice game play too..

Can't wait for this game! Loved the first one. One of my most memorable single player experiences ever.

Comment

as if you're over mrs palmer.

Comment

I have much more creative names for my most loved single player experience ever.

Comment

like "sam's happy place"?

Comment

Take-Two's Ben Feder has confirmed a Mafia II demo on Xbox Live and PSN for August.

Comment

Anything for pc yet?

Comment

No word on PC demo.

I was going to buy it for the PS3, but the PC release has full 3D Vision support - so I'll grab it on that instead.

Comment

I finally started playing this today, months after release. It is the first game I know of that officially supports 3D Vision Surround, and does it right straight out of the box. Even Bad Company 2 needs FOV tweaking.

And it's fucking excellent (the experience, no idea about the game yet).

Comment

Games a good ride, but very quick.
                    a little too linear but good story.

Comment

I've spent 9 hours playing so far and I think there's a reasonable way to go yet, so I wouldn't say it's quick at all. Pacing has been pretty good, and while the story doesn't seem nearly as good as the first it's still decent. I'm really enjoying it.

And I don't mind all the driving; 9 hours in I still stop and stare at landmarks and views during certain times of the day. The entire city is remarkable to look at and be a part of... at least, it is in 3D Vision Surround, and is easily the best 3D Vision game I've played.

Comment

The only thing that pissed me off; was being unable to go back and steal Greasers cars, once that 'period' had completed in the story.

Comment

9 hours... hmm i spose it could have been about that long, games story was good enough for me to not pay attention, its just once i finished it it did seem very short (i finished it over 1 weekend).

and yeh Lenko that pissed me off so bad, i fully drove the whole way back to find i couldn't get any of the hot-rods , and i didn't find out that i could store 10 cars until after i got out of jail, so i missed out on some real nice rides.

Comment

I reckon I'll have things wrapped up within 12 hours, and I see no problem with that. I was completely satisfied with the 6 hour games that were Modern Warfare and Batman: Arkham Asylum - both amazing.

Filler is for chumps (see: completionists). I like my single player experiences to be concise and cinematic. I want to be told a good story and taken on a ride that doesn't make me want to even put the controller down for its entire length. If some how a developer can pace a game beautifully over 40 hours without leaving me happy to save and finish it later, I congratulate them. So far it hasn't happened.

Uncharted and Heavy Rain are prime examples of recent titles that ticked all the boxes for me, despite being less than 10 hours long.

And when you're paying $20 to see a film at the cinema that goes for 90 minutes, then I still do not understand the perception that a 6 hour game is too short. It's exactly the same value equation.

Comment

See i under stand that way of thinking rec but im an old skool RPG player, i love my massively Convoluted story arcs in ridiculously long games, hell i spent 362 hours playing oblivion. (roughly 80 of that collecting every piece of jewelery in the entire game, and placing it in 1 house, which would crash my game every time i entered it due to so many shinnies)

almost twice that in total play time on Baldurs gate and Baldurs gate 2.

No qualms with mafia 2 was an excellent game, just like i said, seemed very short (in comparison to my preference in style of games).
                              Last edited by Ratty; 24-05-11, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X