Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Convoluted

Comment

christ, was THAT the word he was looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
        *Convoluted
        LOL thanks, i have no idea what happened there, i swear i didn't even add the - to it either lol

Comment

Just under 13 hours and I'm finished. The ending seemed a bit anti-climactic, and overall I felt like the story wasn't tied together quite as well as it could have been - but it was a pretty good experience. Good enough to buy the DLC missions; Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's Adventures.

Comment

or go and play l.a. noire instead

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
              Just under 13 hours and I'm finished. The ending seemed a bit anti-climactic, and overall I felt like the story wasn't tied together quite as well as it could have been - but it was a pretty good experience. Good enough to buy the DLC missions; Jimmy's Vendetta and Joe's Adventures.
              yeh with the end it wrapped up nice enough but as you said very anti climactic, even my missus thought so, she didn't play it but she sat there and watched me play from start to finish.

Comment

I think despite the interesting plot progression, I would have preferred a cliche rise to power story - I felt no real sense of accomplishment or true personal progress at any point of the story, certainly not at the end.

Comment

Any idea if they have a number 3 planned?

Comment

Yeah, apparently there will be. Take 2's Strauss Zelnick talked about plans for Mafia III last year, but said it'd be a "few years" away. This isn't surprising, as Mafia II was in development for 4 years. They may be waiting for the next generation of consoles to arrive for the third installment.

Earlier this year, Take 2 began advertising to hire a senior game designer for an "AAA console action game", with responsibility for "game systems and mechanics for open world city environments." Sounds like Mafia III to me.

Comment

Take 2 is a greedy fuck publisher, Ratty, they'll be flogging this horse for a long time to come.

Comment

Maybe so, but I like the fact they're taking the time with it to ensure a quality product and not shipping sequels every fucking year like some other developers/publishers.

Comment

oh yeah, not denying the quality. Just saying - they're greedy region gouging cunts.

Comment

Good to hear.

yeah definitely no complains against a company that makes quality products over quantity.

Comment

Both Steam-available DLC missions packs are shit. Don't bother - I'm not. What a waste of money. That's my Mafia II experience done then.

Comment

Well thats unfortunate.... looks like i'll be moving onto dragon age

Comment

Working...
                                X