Deus Ex Human Revolution tweaks n fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex Human Revolution tweaks n fixes

Since I can't play at the moment, I figured I'd trawl the Steam forums for the inevitable issues and (hopeful) fixes.

* Biggest issue I've come across so far is horrible input lag on the PC. This thread What's with the awful mouse movement in HR? - Steam Users' Forums has a few solutions such as:
    • go into the game settings, and change your FOV - for people running 16:10 ratios, set it to 80; for 16:9 set it to 90
    • if that doesn't work, and you're running DX11, disable tesselation
    • if all else fails, shutting off vsync alleviates the problem for most people (obviously you then run the risk of screen tearing but thems the breaks)
    • AsciiAficianado in the above mentioned thread also noted the game has X and Y sensitivity options, he noted the following helped him:

Aside from the FoV issue I explained in an earlier post, I just noticed even if both settings are the same the vertical sensitivity is different from the horizontal sensitivity, that's why it feels "off".

Edit - I set the X sensitivity to the 5th bar and the Y sensitivity to the 8th bar and it feels even now.

* getting your non-US copy to work can be done via a US VPN - get your VPN connected, login to Steam, and the game should unlock (may need to restart Steam once connected to the US VPN). The drawback to this is you will have to be running the VPN while playing the game up until release in your region.

* some people http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2074708 have reported crash to desktop issues which, in a few instances, were solved by turning off DX11. Others noted that gamers with nVidia cards who may have legacy ati files in their system could resolve it by performing the following:
    How to fix the ati dll_unload issue:
    32-bit windows:
    find atidlxx.dll in C:\Windows\system32 and move it to your recycle bin
    64-bit windows:
    find atidlxy.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and move it to your recycle bin
    NOTE: if you use an ATI card or onboard ATI chipset in your PC, obviously don't fucking delete either file

* flickering black and white dots when viewing characters close up is caused by DX11's tesselation, disable it to resolve this if it annoys you.
    Last edited by Aegis; 23-08-11, 10:00 PM.

Noice.

Comment

Working...
    X