Eve online - Butterfly effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve online - Butterfly effect

Playing eve online again and came across this vid.

Eve Online Butterfly Effect – Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08hmqyejCYU"]YouTube - EVE Online: The Butterfly Effect[/ame]

UPDATE: Now with added HTFU. (Scroll down).
    Last edited by Jay; 07-10-09, 04:13 AM.

Sounds grand.

Are there still may people playing it, though?

Comment

25,000 people logged in at the moment, does vary a bit throughout the day as different timezones take shifts on sleep.

Comment

Weekends I have seen it get upto 40,000 recently.

Comment

Hmm...

Comment

the beauty of one server i guess - and the ships arent visually customisable are they?

Comment

no. they do look hawt tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                the beauty of one server i guess - and the ships arent visually customisable are they?
                It's something you'll never (or need to) think about. Also since the graphics update, everything ****ing hot.

Also the new T3 ships look different depending on what subsystems you have installed. Unfortunately it takes like a year (if not lots more) before you can fly one of them.
                Last edited by Jay; 31-07-09, 05:24 AM.

Comment

oh i'm not stressing about the inability to do that, it makes good technical sense NOT to allow it in that kind of game as they reduce the actual assets they need to load overall.

having said that, i do spend as much time in the customisation engines of MMOs as i do actually playing - another reason i ****ing hated warhammer...

Comment

They don't have one server that everyone plays on. The Chinese server is locked down and only players in china can access it. Though their description on the sand box is interesting. Anyone who has played the game, the frequency that you can bump into another player outside secure space is very sparse.

Playing the game is like playing Mexican stand off, because the penalty of death is so high players refuse to enter combat unless they have superior numbers or they use ganging or server flood tactics to make sure they have the upper hand.

Technicaly how the game is structure is great, but it fails when it comes to game play. Best evidence of this is look at the number of concurrent wow players V eve online. Eve online is for those that enjoy working in a computer game and wow is for people who probably just want to have fun.

Comment

all the comments about eve being a glorified spreadsheet seemed to fit from what little i ever did with it

Comment

Not to scare anyone in particular.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hahaha so true.

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                            They don't have one server that everyone plays on. The Chinese server is locked down and only players in china can access it. Though their description on the sand box is interesting. Anyone who has played the game, the frequency that you can bump into another player outside secure space is very sparse.

Playing the game is like playing Mexican stand off, because the penalty of death is so high players refuse to enter combat unless they have superior numbers or they use ganging or server flood tactics to make sure they have the upper hand.

Technicaly how the game is structure is great, but it fails when it comes to game play. Best evidence of this is look at the number of concurrent wow players V eve online. Eve online is for those that enjoy working in a computer game and wow is for people who probably just want to have fun.

Load of shit chad. Aint no mexican stand off where I play. Piracy is fun.

Comment

Bumping into someone after jumping through a wormhole is quite common if you know where to look / scan down.

Piracy is fun and on the same respect having it done straight back to you is expected .

WoW's game play does not change on a daily basis, when you jump in a BG it is pretty much the same as yesterday, when you go to Raid the boss scripts are the same. In Eve your alliances holdings are probably going to be different the next hour. And in a day in your main home system you could be invaded by 3 or 4 alliances at once with more than 500 people messing around(As Red Alliance found out in 3-L not so long ago) now those 500 people come and go but for about a week there was a steady group of more than 200 people online at any one given time.

The thing about wow that is quite different to eve is that well in eve there is no defined level cap. The content always keeps expanding. The galaxy / universe will keep expanding. You always have another skill that can be trained. Once level 80 in WoW what is there to do after getting your armor sets.... grind honor :S, level another character.... it does not change much, no one character is much better than the other - you can't try outnumber the enemy in PvP, once you die you don't loose much other than a number (a death) and most a 30 second res - then what join the Battle again. Dying in Eve is worth your ship and possibly your implants (if you have any installed and you get podded) and thus a kill is worth so much more.

Half the fun to me is the Butterfly Effect.
                              Last edited by Lothar; 19-08-09, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X