Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone OS4 Download (iOS 4.0 GM Gold Master Torrent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone OS4 Download (iOS 4.0 GM Gold Master Torrent)

Attached, for anyone who has a 3GS.

Note that to perform the restore successfully using this firmware image, you need to be running iTunes 9.2 beta, which is only available for Mac OS X at present.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rec; 09-06-10, 09:44 AM.

How to Install iOS 4.0 From IPSW File | i.nconspicuo.us

Can I install iOS 4.0 on Windows?
    Not currently. As of right now, you need iTunes 9.2 beta which is only availble for Mac. It may not be released for the PC until June 21, 2010.

Do I need to be a registered developer?
    Many people have mentioned and asked about needing a valid UDID in the Apple developer network. This isn’t required because the current iOS 4.0 IPSW file that is floating around is the Golden Master (GM) which means that is the release that will be publicly available to the masses. Thus, no UDID is required.

How do I install iOS 4.0?
    You’ll use iTunes. Backup your phone as you always do. Download and install the iTunes 9.2 beta. Just google it, I am not providing links here. Once it’s installed, click Alt + Restore in iTunes and select the IPSW file that you downloaded – iPhone2,1_4.0_GM_8A293_Restore.ipsw – let the restore happen. That’s it, you now have iOS 4.0.
    Now I managed to install it in a vmware copy of MacOSX but that's a story for another day...

Comment

FYI, you don't need to have your UUID/UDID registered with a licensed Apple developer to restore using the above file.

Comment

Cheers Rec.. pity about the MAC OS part *sobs*

Comment

Got a mate at work to update mine today. Mac users are good for something after all...

Comment

On that note, for anyone who's desperate - you can always install VMware Workstation, run a Mac OS X Snow Leopard virtual machine and download iTunes 9.2 - then you're in business.

Comment

Dashed over to a mates place with the file. Worked a treat. But didn't backup my phone on his system - only thought about this afterwards.
              Came home, tried to sync. No joy - demands iTunes 9.2. *grumble* A rookie mistake :-(
              VMware here we come!

Comment

I did the same thing, but didn't care. I just started fresh.

Comment

VMware image on the way. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                    I did the same thing, but didn't care. I just started fresh.
                    Quitter! heheh

Comment

So If I upgrade it on a mates Mac I wont be able to sync my phone on my computer with the version of iTunes I have now?

Comment

Not until win32 version of iTunes 9.2 is released correct.

Comment

Too east, cheers OD

Comment

itunes for win is out now. Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now

Comment

Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now - 9.2 is out now for Windows. I'm gonna update my iphone to the new thinggymabob

Comment

Working...
                              X