No announcement yet.

Android apps: top picks so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use this > 3G Watchdog - Android app on AppBrain. Its great. Every so often I'll reset the totals in line with what Telstra tell me is actual metered data. Telstra will release their own App soon.

With respect to the programs running all the time have a read of this > FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android ? Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero

Comment

But you get billed by what is on their site... Not what actual data you use. They have been known to be quite different at times.

Comment

Writing an app to monitor the phone's actual data in/out, then turn off data connectivity once it hits your set megabyte allowance wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to write. You could even get it to restore data connectivity on the date that your plan rolls over each month.

The question I'd ask is why would you do such a thing? These phones are the internet. If you're worrying about going over your quota, get a bigger quota. Take away the internet from these 'phones', and you might as well have a Nokia 3210.

Comment

mobiles already have viruses written for them. i'd like SOMETHING in place to help protect my wallet at least from bullshit over-quota charges.

Comment

Anyone thats a bit of a star trek fan there is a really fun droid app called Tricorder displays a bunch of cool bits of information as if it was a real scanner with funky star trek sound effects.

I.e. solar activity, weather, wifi hotspots, scans sound lvls and has a compus as well.

Comment

my 30 year old brother in law wears a com badge .. in public... all the time... i'll be steering clear of that app

Comment

This looks interesting.

How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Fully-Automated Superphone

Comment

Fantastic games for Android:
                  Nova - FPS
                  Dungeon Hunter - Basically Diablo II clone

Comment

Nova is poop imo. But I haven't played a mobile FPS that has impressed me.

Comment

Best Radio streamer I've ever used desktop included.

Live Radio Streaming | XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive)

Click image for larger version

Name:	xiialiveQR.png
Views:	1
Size:	899 Bytes
ID:	596296

Comment

I use WunderRadio. GPS is used to find your location and it then lists every local radio station based on where you are. Clicking them opens up the stream. Has a whole bunch of other features I don't really care about too.

Comment

Wordfeud is fun. Like Scrabble basically.

My username is "grandinferno".

Comment

WunderRadio = win. Still the best net-radio app for iPhone in my opinion (and for Android too, it seems). It was frustrating to use until Apple introduced multitasking though, as you had to keep it open and couldn't do anything else.

Comment

The updated facebook app is very good. I love the scrollable photo/video draw at the bottom. Still no facebook chat though.

• There's a notifications bar.
                              • There's a new photos drawer on the home page, for easy access to photos and videos from your news feed.
                              • Events support.
                              • Now you can update your status with one click.
                              • Video playback inside the app.

Comment

has anyone managed to find a decent music player? the one that comes standard on the nexus is ok, but it has no equaliser.

Comment

Working...
                                X