No announcement yet.

Node have come through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed to their FAST2 plans recently so I got a $10 per month saving from my old FAST50G plan.

Now I was toying with the idea of keeping the same price point for 200G both ways, but the convenience of the static IP and 60G download only for another $20 per month less is inviting.

It's nice to have options!
    Last edited by UnSCaRReD; 18-11-10, 09:48 AM. Reason: fixed saving

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
      well my speed has changed before my rollover date.

At this point I'm desperately hoping that internode are artificially holding me down to 1500, because my speed is showing about a 10KB/s improvement.
      Scratch that, I'm sure they're doing it. Synch is at 10k, and they forgot to throttle my uploads, which are at 0.72Mb/s.

Comment

i changed plans from 1500 to the reach 50 for $89 and then 2 days later i see its now reach60 for $60

cant change plans till after roll over period, and look at the soho plan instead...... 2 fuckin days whooda thunk!!!

Comment

You could probably convince a phone sales person to switch you for this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Crispy View Post
            i changed plans from 1500 to the reach 50 for $89 and then 2 days later i see its now reach60 for $60

cant change plans till after roll over period, and look at the soho plan instead...... 2 fuckin days whooda thunk!!!
            bad luck. you smell

Comment

Well my bands are broader now, and I've managed to get up to a stunning 8Mb on speedtest. However it's varying wildly between 8 and 4 Mb.

Stupid Palmerston.

Comment

move to gunn

Comment

More like move to casuarina, NBN > Adsl.

besides which, I suspect this is a congestion issue, rather than a line issue.

Comment

Ok so I'm new to this adsl2+ business, I understand that it's a tradeoff between speed and stability.

But is it normal for the download speed to vary constantly between 8 and 2 Mb?

edit: I put the modem into G.DMT instead of adsl2 and it's fairly solid 7Mb. I suspect this is going to take a lot of buggerising around.
                    Last edited by Harbinger; 21-11-10, 03:48 AM.

Comment

harb no change required for me .. and sitting on a solid 10mb .. in palmerston as well.

Comment

Does node still have speed profiles in your settings? I haven't seen them for a while so I assume they don't.

Comment

They have them, but you can't set them for telstra lines via the internets. I read that you can get it done via the phone though.

Turns out the billion 5200G is a ratshit device, so I switched it out for a telstra modem (broadcom chipset) I cracked a couple weeks ago. Been running this tflow application since about 4am and it's reasonably stable 750 - 1000kB/s.

Will leave it running and see if it's just a coincidence.

Comment

i sync at 13mb / 1mb .. so a real big boost from the 1.5 / 256 so happy to do the swap

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                              i sync at 13mb / 1mb .. so a real big boost from the 1.5 / 256 so happy to do the swap
                              Does it apply when the plan roll overs? I dont remember if it applies straight away or when a new billing cycle starts

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
                                Does it apply when the plan roll overs? I dont remember if it applies straight away or when a new billing cycle starts
                                isnt that at the same time??

Comment

Working...
                                X