Node have come through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Crispy View Post
    im generally only on from after 7pm on a school day and i havent had any issues so far.

but given the demographic of the ghettoooooooo ( karama) i dont think congestion is going to be an issue here for quite some time.

If certain people had internets then they would have no monies for beer or weed, and the dealer at the end of the street would be crying poor bugger me.
    Karama, malak and majority of northern suburbs connect to cas exchange. I too think congestion wont be a problem for a while. Although it might be time to secure my wireless and switch to wpa2 AES

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
      Karama, malak and majority of northern suburbs connect to cas exchange. I too think congestion wont be a problem for a while. Although it might be time to secure my wireless and switch to wpa2 AES
      I just remember the struggle that i had getting pov pack ghetto internet speeds to start with, all the bs about pair gain, too far from the exchange etc etc.
      We might connect to the cas exchange but im fairly certain that we first connect through a local exchange, ie for us it is to the Karama exchange which im sure is in Kwinana Ct. Im assuming this alleviates the distance issue for copper as from karama to cas would be over fibre.

And what do you mean it might be time to secure your wireless?? Thats just lazy or dumb if you havent already, or do you share with local 'pamly' you mob??

Comment

I just remember the struggle that i had getting pov pack ghetto internet speeds to start with, all the bs about pair gain, too far from the exchange etc etc.
        We might connect to the cas exchange but im fairly certain that we first connect through a local exchange, ie for us it is to the Karama exchange which im sure is in Kwinana Ct. Im assuming this alleviates the distance issue for copper as from karama to cas would be over fibre.

And what do you mean it might be time to secure your wireless?? Thats just lazy or dumb if you havent already, or do you share with local 'pamly' you mob??
        My wireless has been on WPA/TKIP since i got 1.5 in my area and that was when i was in high school.
        I might change my 64 hex password too at the same time.

Are you sure about the local exchange thing? Are you talking about those green boxes they use to have at the end of the street?

Comment

ADSL2+ Broadband for CASUARINA (NT) Exchange. Search and compare broadband Internet plans for ADSL, ADSL2, Naked DSL And click RIM information. This may be accurate but I dont know.

Comment

we'll my modem has synched to a ADSL2 port today now just waiting for roll over and the speed to unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
              we'll my modem has synched to a ADSL2 port today now just waiting for roll over and the speed to unlock.
              New speeds. I was expecting to get more but at least its faster than my old one.
              Last edited by Joshuayu101; 28-11-10, 03:19 PM.

Comment

eat it, eat it with chop sticks n stuff!!!!

also now synchin just above 20

Comment

eat it, eat it with chop sticks n stuff!!!!

also now synchin just above 20
                  I finally decided to use activate wireless N.
                  now im getting decent speeds

Some days i get 18mb/s

Mines synchin at around 19,238kbps

Comment

finally changed over today.
                    Only syncing at 10meg on the far side of anula.
                    Can test actual download as telstra did a half arsed job of changing my connection switch the port but failed to forward the new details to internode, so have line sync but can't authenticate until telstra wakes up tomorrow.

Comment

Oh man, after 6 years of living in Casuarina I'm finally moving in a few weeks. Oh well, hopefully there's ADSL 2+ in Coconut Grove

Comment

My before link - Home 1500 Boost

Comment

After Link - Easy Reach 60

Comment

Thought I'd share this with you all

Upgraded my node connection to adsl reach as well.

Initially I my modem was connecting at about 6100-6500 which granted was alot better then my previous 1500 connection but I still thought I could get a better connection, which I did.

Old house I'm staying in with a couple of phone points that are no longer in use and ancient wiring, so I traced the phone line back to the conduit that feeds to the telstra pit. Cut the phone line, ran new cat5 from where I cut directly to the phone point where my modem was. Reconnected and went up to 8000, swapped my new netgear DGN1000 to old faithful billion 7300 and now connect solidly at 9000. Downloading off the node mirror web site previously highest I saw it reach was 500-550k/s after replacing phone line and swapping back to my billion modem downloads at a steady 900k/s.

Thanks to phenomenon for reconnecting the phone line, cat5 cable didn't cost me anything, and I could have saved myself $90 by not buying the new modem and I've gone from 6200kbps adsl sync to 9033kbps, booya!

Comment

Mmmm, anyone live in Woolner have issues with congestion?

Bad Crispy you still living in Karama? Still geeting good net speeds?

Planning on moving to one of the those two area's soon....

Comment

Every Exchange that I know of is congested atm. not many people get good sync speeds at peak.

Comment

Working...
                                X