No announcement yet.

E-readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion covers and pages, gyro controlled features, dynamic orientation options, live polls and shout-boxes, innovative interaction processes (left-right for articles, up-down for pages within) + nifty gestures (to do things such as hide/show foreground elements better look at the background, bringing up tertiary information and references, or skip between sections etc.), touch-controlled 360 degree and panoramic photos, embedded galleries, dynamic quizzes, local and streaming video...

Yes; of course you've seen most of the technologies before, if not all. But it's the cohesive, complimentary collaboration of them in such a format, on such a device, that makes it such a compelling experience.

But, again, this would be hard to appreciate having not spent any real time reading them. At least Grab Project and have a thorough look through, exploring the features while you go. It's a reasonable showcase of what you might see across a range of popular interactive mags. If you still think it's stupid, fantastic; at least you'll have formed a first-hand opinion on what I'm talking about.

As you might have guessed, I think it's great. It has got me buying magazines again (and comics for that matter).

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
      so noone else actually has an e-reader? just people with opinions about them?

shocking.
      You missed my reply. I have a Cobolt eBook Reader.

Comment

Some useful info
        eBook reader buying guide: Amazon Kindle 3 vs Nook Color vs Sony Reader Touch Edition - Camera News - PC & Tech Authority

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          You missed my reply. I have a Cobolt eBook Reader.
          Nah I noticed the posts of people who had ebooks, I was having a crack at the people discussing completely unrelated gibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
            Want, can't have
            can has!

Apparently I've managed to purchase the last one in the whole world, or at least myer melbourne.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Harb's ereader

Fire breaks out at Lonsdale St Myer store in Melbourne | News.com.au

Comment

should be in the mail system since yesterday morning

Comment

1-Day Sale Ereader 7"

Comment

yes, there are cheap tft ereaders.

tft ereaders aren't ereaders. They're tablets. Tablets are bad ereaders.

Comment

I dont think you will be dissapointed, did you get cover option?

Comment

I was more concerned with obtaining the unobtainable, so no. I was looking at covers on ebay for like $12, don't have a light, but they're also $50 cheaper than the cover with a light

Comment

Amazon Kindle Australia - Buy Amazon Kindle in Australia now.

Comment

Note to self, don't bother with threads on this forum.

Comment

rofl

Comment

Working...
                                X