Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Comment

I need a new monitor now, fucken coffee all over it.

Comment

Catch Of The Day - One Deal, Everyday, Midday if anyone interested

Comment

it's here, and it works, and it's as shiny as I could have hoped.

Comment

Optimal!

Comment

Bought an eBook Reader from Sam's warehouse last month for $79. Talk about cheap. Have been using it for hours each day since. Does txt/pdf/epub & one or two more formats. Runs for 9 hours on a charge with a backlit LCD that has 5 lighting levels and can view and zoom in vertical or horizontal viewing mode. Also displays pictures, plays music and videos. Has MicroSD slot & headphone jack.

Beats sony & kindle hands down.

Comment

I bow to your extensively researched opinion. I think I'll go chuck my Sony in the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                  I bow to your extensively researched opinion. I think I'll go chuck my Sony in the tip.
                  Glad to hear it. LOL

Comment

I've had a Sony PRS-505 for about 2 years now, bought while on holiday in the States. Cost about AUD $350, but at the time Kindle weren't shipping to Aus, and the two models sold locally (through Angus and Robertson) cost $500-$800+

I prefer ebooks over real books, and over reading on an LCD screen. I can't compare it with other models, but if I were buying a new one, I'd consider going to the Kindle route given how freaking cheap they've become. I'd still prefer a Sony though. I don't really know how the market is now, won't really care until I need to replace my e-reader. Two years ago though the Sony was far superior to the Kindle in that it played more formats (specifically PDFs), better memory expansion slot features etc.

Space Cadet, if your e-reader plays video, is it really an e-reader, or just a tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaian View Post
                      Space Cadet, if your e-reader plays video, is it really an e-reader, or just a tablet?
                      All it does is eBooks/Music/Pictures/Video. Doesn't do anything else so it's just a reader that can do sound & video as well.

Comment

there's no contest - for reading, it's gotta be eInk. also 9 hours battery time for a reader is rubbish.

Comment

Right now dick smith and big double u have a deal for $159 Kindle 3 wifi.

Comment

I got a Kindle last week and been pretty impressed by it!

Don't think formats supported should be what determines what what to buy, I'd be more concerned about price, size and battery life.
                            I use calibre to manage my books, finds covers, comments and pretty much every other detail and can convert your books to any format in a couple of clicks.

Have great leather cases available for them which effortlessly connect to the kindle and use it's battery to power the light!

Comment

ahh so kindle can handle books you may .. aquire from sources other than Amazon then?? as that was one of my biggest reasons for prefering the Sonys - the very openness of their offerings.

Comment

No Kindle can't do this but for the price difference I can justify the small effort it takes for me to convert it with a free program called Calibre.
                                Basically calibre is to books what MyMovies is to movies, I tell it where the downloaded books are and it updates all the info author, comments, date etc for me and moves it to wherever I decide my book dir is.
                                This is fantastic for me as I have a very technology illiterate brother-in-law who likes all the books I read so I can connect any e-reader device to my computer and select any or all my books and upload it to his reader through Calibre.
                                It's so easy to convert books that all I have to do is box select them and press 1 button...

Comment

Working...
                                X