X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just cos you fuckers be ignernt and shit

Offer | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Comment

Picked up a kindle from dickies the other day.
      You can drop PDFs straight onto it.
      Having now used it I would highly recommend Calibre for managing your ebook collection.
      BTW when Acquiring Ebooks for the kindle the recommend format is mobi.

Comment

and if you want to edit ebooks, sigil is the editor of win for epub format, which calibre can convert to/from.

Can directly edit the css formatting of the book, i.e margins, fonts, text sizes.

Comment

For reading Eink is hands down better than TFT or LCD displays. I've been reading mine over the past couple of days after uploading all my books onto it using Calibre like morge. Though I wouldn't recommend it for technical books. Yes you can read them, though you have to read the PDF in landscape mode on the device. Highly recommend it for books, but for anything technical that requires drawings, diagrams, illustration its still better to get the book or read it on the computer.

Over-all happy I sold my HP Touchpad and got the Kindle instead.
          Last edited by chad; 31-08-11, 10:05 PM.

Comment

hoping to get one for father's day

Comment

I just use my DSiXL with DSLibris ^_^ It's awesome. I use it on my DSi as well but the slight increase in screen size to the XL makes a world of difference on eye strain. Been reading the Discworld Series (I am determined to finish it coz it's awesome)

Comment

My wife's iPad arrived last night (bought from that Kogan site the other day). Anyway she opened one of her eBooks on it to compare with her Sony PRS600 eReader. She took one look at it and asked "what kind of retard would read like this!?"

So i showed her Chad's post on page one of this thread

in other news, i'm enjoying my Kindle - thanks to the apps Harb pointed out, it has no issues with any of my ebooks. And simple conversion to epub has fixed formatting problems in some of the books my wife is reading on her Sony.

rootkit, good work on Discworld - Pratchett truly is a literary god. Hope you've been watching the BSkyB adaptations of his work - they're fairly decent efforts

Comment

not having used a proper e-reader, i reckon the ipad2 does a pretty good job. read plenty of books on it without issue.

Comment

My post was targeted when the E-Readers where close to $350. It's only after the price drop do they become the better option over netbook or tablets. Yes for readering they're a better solution, but at the high price point and limited functionality, then a tablet is a better option with a much larger rang of functionality.

Now they're the same price, I would recommend a ereader over a tablet for reading, and mobility. Tablet still if you just want to browse the web well watching telle, they're too god damn heavy to hold for any extended period of time.
                    Last edited by chad; 27-09-11, 01:48 PM.

Comment

And what about the apps I pointed out, are they good too?

Comment

Originally posted by feary View Post
                        And what about the apps I pointed out, are they good too?
                        yeah Calibre and sigil are the ones Harb had told me about back when we started this thread

Comment

With the technical stuff Calibre will convert PDFs to mobi for easier reading although images do often end up mangled.

Comment

god fucking damn. apple needs to change their motto from 'Think Different' to 'Think Retarded'. seriously. if you like apple products now, you are so gay you use a mirror so you can see cocks entering your arse.

how the FUCK do you get CBR files onto them when it wont just let you add any old file through itunes, nor will it let you drag them over via explorer...

fucking spastic company.

[/rage]

Comment

dropbox

Comment

pala came through with the answer - there's a spastic requirement to navigate through a heap of nested shit to find an upload area specific to the CBR reader. because apparently apple, the effective inventors of drag-n-drop, FORGOT about that as a viable method for moving shit around.

Comment

Working...
                                X