No announcement yet.

iOS 5 is winning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, bit beyond that - it was quite a rudimentary implementation with flaky connectivity issues. In typical Apple fashion; steal an idea and [try to] make it better.

The entire premise of needing to sync to iTunes is almost redundant now anyway. iCloud backups, over-air iOS software updates, and when the Match service launches you won't need iTunes for your music syncing either. Your catalog will be stored on the cloud, and you can download any/all via your phone, over Wi-Fi or on 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
      Beta 4 out now. If you have Beta 3
      Judging by the responses in this thread, you're the only one with a developer account, Jamie

Also, I heard from an Apple fanboy friend that from iOS5, Apple will allow patched updates instead of users having to download and install the entire 600mb+ OS for shit like 'PDF security vulnerabilities'.

Comment

I don't have one, and you don't need to have one. You just need to know someone who does and they can add your UUID.

Comment

iOS 5 is winning.

I found 3 things useful thus far.
          -The new banner lock screen
          -The pulldown wigit screen
          -Taking a photo with the volume button (Should have been added ages ago)

Now, can you create a custom ringtone, or is apple ghey and I have to buy an itunes one?

Comment

There are plenty of apps that let you create ringtones from the music on your phone.

Comment

really! now me be searching!

btw, up the thread a bit, we talked about music and buying form itunes, have you used spotify rec?

Comment

Spotify is awesome - used it while living in the UK. It just launched in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by psyave View Post
                  Now, can you create a custom ringtone, or is apple ghey and I have to buy an itunes one?
                  I think you mean custom message tone? Custom ringtones have been around for a while with iPhones, but not custom message tones which rec mentioned earlier in this thread. I usually edit songs down to ringtone length with Audacity, then put them on my phone. It's free and probably has more options than any iPhone app will.

Comment

Working...
                  X