No announcement yet.

Potential Blacklist from DGA Events from DGA44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a blacklist is a good idea. Not banning people as such but making them pay upfront. Maybe you should have a 2 strike rule though.

I don't think Heretic has any idea what running an organisation entails

Comment

the blacklist is a good idea.

But can we call it something different, like "Insids naughty list"? :p

Nice chattin to ya BTW Insidious, pardon my "rather ordinary" state though.

LOL @ the GPS convo you, Lothar, and myself had.

Comment

Blacklist has a bad tone to it but aside from interpretation of how the word makes you feel its really needed for something with limited spots.

Comment

i like black list- the barstards should have paid instead of scab. One would think they have done this many times. I like the idea of a blacklist and i think of it as 'done something wrong' - have disadvantages for next time

Comment

Well the ones who showed up and didn't pay. Those ****s should be banned.

Comment

Blacklist is a great idea it's a public lan run by an organisation (however small) not some thrown together lan at the last minute hence the registration and the whole paying for it thing. If people do not show up and it takes away from another person then they should be put on notice to deter them from doing it in the future. I understand some people aquire commitments and are unable to attend and thats unfortunate but I dont believe people should register to secure a spot just in case they decide they want to go. Think of it this way if you register it "IS" a commitment.

Comment

We can always rename it something more technical and confusing so it has an acronym like B.L.A.C.K.L.I.S.T......

Comment

what you mean?
                  Bastard
                  Lazy
                  Arse
                  C*nts
                  Killing
                  Likelyhood of
                  Interest
                  Stretching
                  ToofutureLANs (yes thats one word)

Comment

we had atleast 10 that were turned away due to full registration ..

we then had 9 that didnt show (listed above)

Thats $180 that DGA missed out on. This then effects what we can offer for future lans, be it venues, hire projectors, hiring chairs etc etc.

It all comes back to the gamers. As far as DGA goes, I (yes I run DGA) can only do so much with what I have.

Im happy to announce that DGA came out on top from this LAN, and hoping that a few more like this will put us in the Green, and take us to hopefully building on numbers and moving back into annual EVO's.

Call the blacklist what you want, its there to stop people registering and not showing or coming and not paying .. It is DGA responsibility to make sure people pay, but no doubt we will miss the few that sneak in be it on purpose or forgetting to pay. Everybody knows if they come and set up they should be paying.

Also these fourms are a DIRECT link from DGA's website, so this is actually DGA's fourms and not particular GU. If that makes sense, to Solomons comments of not everybody reads GU.

Again great lan. Good support from all those envolved and I hope to run another event soon.

Comment

there are simple effective ways to get everyone attending to pay

one is to get stickers, when they pay you write their alias on the sticker and tell them to stick it to their pc/monitor. easy way of knowing who has and hasn't paid.
                      should it have to be done? no in a perfect world people will be honest and pay at the first chance they can. but its not a perfect world is it.

as far as the "you know what list" goes, i dont totally agree with it but hey its your call. you guys put your hand up to resurrect DGA and i see that as a great step for the gaming community. the lan seemed to run well according to feedback and i can give nothing buy support for you guys.

great job.

Comment

Blacklist is a great idea, too many people sign up and don't show up; especially when they know its full. It's one thing to sign up and not show up when there are still places left, but to not show up when the list is full and people are missing out? its bs. I was going to bring 2 people but didn't due to full spots. Even when there are places left you are giving a false number on the people going and a lan might be held with only a few people which would put dga into debt, fast.

As for not paying if you are going, i managed to pay and i was broke as that weekend, i mean cmon its only 20 bucks. I am guessing though that this is a small infrequent problem.

Stickers on cases for paid ppl is a good thing, and worth doing.

And as for people complaining about the blacklist who aren't even going - its not really any of your business is it?

Comment

good idea on the stickers

Comment

Surely in this day and age, with paypal and direct deposit ALL places could be pre-paid?

Just a thought for your future events.

Comment

ooh, good idea. Make it cheaper to pre-pay for the lan ahead of time.

Pre-pay: $20

on the day: $30

Comment

Where is an independently wealthy gamer with too much money to throw around and a big ass shed with 3 phase, Aircon and a kick ass net connection when u need one?

Comment

Working...
                                X