Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrAiN DaNcE View Post
    [shill]
    Really? cramped room, but want to use a projector?

BenQ Global - Consumer Electronics

74 inch screen, at one meter from the wall, pretty nifty eh?
    [/shill]
    nice Brain, how long before people start using those in their cars to project movies on the windshield? ;P

Comment

Technology is already out there and being done (not on windshields, but shop windows). Very popular advertising technology. Unfortunately though, their require a special tinting in order to show it. Law says you can't have any tinting on the front windscreen of a car, except for the shadow strip at the top.

Bring it by all means, but if it's cramped... I'll bring my PS3.

Also Xaine, wouldn't worry too much, I'll remember. ^_^

Comment

I don't have one, but we just started selling them, hence the "shill" tags.

Comment

kagetsu, people will find a way! But you're right about the tinting laws - i believe this is why we dont have HUDs in cars yet (I know there was that one back in the late 80s/early 90s that did)

Comment

come on guys 2 days to go!

Comment

gah, wife is really sick, may not be able to come :/ if not though, will still pay for my seat if one less is going to be an issue re insurance etc

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                kagetsu, people will find a way! But you're right about the tinting laws - i believe this is why we dont have HUDs in cars yet (I know there was that one back in the late 80s/early 90s that did)
                Oh they definantly will, but I don't think projection is the way... Causes too many problems. What'll probably happen is passive LCD (ie, uses sun to light it) or some kind of new technology that emits its own light per pixel (similar to plasma) while maintaining transparency.

You're probably thinking of those little odometer huds' that Nissan put on the bluebird. was a cool 'gizmo' but not really useful. They work by have an inverted display mounted in the dash and reflecting off the windscreen. Even aftermarket ones have gone off the market these days in favour of other systems.

---

Alright people! WE GONNA HAVE US A GOOD LAN THIS ONE EY!

Comment

For thoes people who want to try out a new game... Try geting the Savage2 Demo(the lan part of the game is free)... It requires the dev updates of DX9.0c updates and Dot net framework 2.0

Here is the DX updates for thoes who dont have it.
                  Do trust me that this isnt a virus but with all files on the net please virus scan.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It cool if I bring some1 along with me?

Comment

I would say it's okay, but remember to register them next time.

Comment

gah another TF2 update on top of yesterday's one

Comment

NEC have a projector that does that 74" in 33cms

Comment

under 3 grand tho?

Comment

Seem to be about the 3-4 grand range. Ultra short-throw projectors have issues and unless you are realy restricted on throw distance not worth buying anyway.

Comment

sooooooo Dragon... did you continue to get pwned by CS:S newbies after I left on saturday ?

- *never* letting this one go -

Comment

Working...
                                X