X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA 64 - Friday 25th - Saturday 26th September - Rego Open

DGA 64

Sponsored by:
    Darwin Community Arts, and The IT Shack.

DATE: Friday 25th September - Saturday 26th September.

TIME: Start will officially be 7PM. Helpers required at 6PM, early computer setup will be allowed after the lan setup is complete.
    The Lan will officially end at Saturday 7PM but may end later (the lan may finish later or earlier depending on the lans end of day numbers).
    If you decide to stay to the last minute, it'd be a great help if you can assist in the packing up of equipment.

UPDATE: We're looking to start around 4PM... If you come in then, you may need to assist in setup, but you'll be gaming early.

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.

Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarantee a seat for you.
    You can reserve a seat for yourself and who ever you decide to bring along. We cannot guarantee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: Darwin Gamers Association
    While registration isn't required, if you can it'd be helpful to guage the number expected.

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

FILE SHARING: See the white board when you enter the venue. More details on the a local web server.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment to this thread. We open the doors to people wishing to help us at 6PM if you come early and not help you will be asked to wait outside in the heat/rain until we are ready to start.
    Please note, helpers MAY bring their computers in prior to assisting, but may not setup on tables until organisation of the venue is complete.

SPEAKERS: We shall permit speakers. They are limited to fit on top of your allocated space and are no more than two desktop speakers (or monitor speakers alternatively). If you have a small sub with these speakers, it may be placed on the floor but must not impact other gamers. When gaming slows down, usually around 1AM, we ask that speakers be turned down to bare minimum if used for a crowd of people (ie, watching Anime or movies). If on your own, use headphones.
    Music for the sake of music is no longer acceptable, as many people are unable to control themselves. Speakers are only to be used when you have a group of people (the whole LAN doesn't count). Outside of this, they should be turned off, or used as a preamp for headphones.
    Ultimately this is subject to Admin approval.

TIME TABLE: To be set on the evening.
    Games Included at the LAN are but not limitted to:

+ LEFT 4 DEAD (Very Popular)
    + WarCraft 3 (Very Popular)
    + Counter Strike (Popular)
    + Battlefield 2 (Popular)
    + Grid
    + Rainbow 6 - Vegas
    + Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
    + Armagetron (Tron)
    and many more.

Note: We'll be having two competitions at this event.
    One includes Counterstrike 5vs5 teams. The ultimate prizes have yet to be decided.
    We'll also be having a tron tournament with additional prizes.
    Additionally, we'll be having a flight sim competition with a price for the best landing of a Cessna aircraft. A flight control equiped machine will be setup for this, and will certainly give many laughs.

PRIZES: Prizes supplied by Computers For You, The IT Shack, and DGA donors.

NOTES: DGA will be looking into membership in the future. We're still drafting plans on what we hope to achieve etc in regards to this. Please note that all old membership fee's, plans and arrangements are nullified, and/or expired.

Your Computer
    In recent years computers have jumped leaps and bounds a lot faster then in the past. What this means for us is we require faster and more powerful computers just to run the standard run-of-mill games.
    Here's a quick guide to know if you're computer is capable of running the software at most LAN's.

Graphics Card: At least an nVidia 6 series graphics card, in the moderately high end, or even a mid range modern 9 series. Common gaming cards are: 9800GT, 8800GT, 7800GTX, 6800GTX... ATI have equivalents too. Please use Google to see if your system can run a game in the 'games' list.

MY COMPUTER CAN'T RUN THE GAMES!
    This is an all too common problem that has been occuring lately, and has caused problems for everybody involved. We admins will try and help as much as possible where we can, but please be aware that we can only help you so much. We're there to game too.
    It is YOUR responsibility to ensure your computer will run the game when required.

For all your gaming requirements, The IT Shack (Located near Bob Jane T Mart and Computers for You at the Clock Tower in Coconut Grove are able to supply and build machines that will run everything at the lan for good prices. Simply state you're building a machine to use at DGA, and they'll immediately know what you require.

-----------------------------------
    IMPORTANT
    Please keep your area clean. If you have rubbish, don't leave it on the table tops, instead put all rubbish in the bin. Try and avoid crumbs and food scraps falling onto the floor, and if you should, please clean it up right away.
    Glass bottles are to be taken when you leave.
    Last edited by Kagetsu; 23-09-09, 11:18 AM.

Hey Kagetsu,
    Does the cs:s comp mean you would like me to attend and bring the server? cos i dont have a problem with this at all i just need to know so i can get the time off and get a war mod installed on the server.

Also did my attemt at bringing the numbers up make a difference and can you get me some flyers or something for the next one or do i have permission to create an event on facebook under the group "jeds epic events" for the next lan?

maybe give me the facebook groups name or page if it already exists and make me an admin so i can invite all the people from my group?

just a thought.

Comment

and can you change my nickname to D4M4GE on this sight or the DGA one please?

Comment

You need to talk to Overdrive or Rec to change your username. ^_^' Not much we can do about it.

Yeah, numbers were higher this time around... But due to to a combination of factors... id probably say though you did definantly play a part. I'll have flyers for you at the next NOS lan. ^_^ I'll chat to the lads about the server for CS... but will let you know.

Comment

We would love everyone to attend

But if you can't bring the server that is fine. I can bring a thumb drive over one weekend when ya home and copy it over and run it one one of our machienes or whatever... (i hate making srcds servers... just takes too much time finding the right configs and the likes )

Comment

Originally posted by K40T1K View Post
            Hey Kagetsu,
            Does the cs:s comp mean you would like me to attend and bring the server? cos i dont have a problem with this at all i just need to know so i can get the time off and get a war mod installed on the server.

Also did my attemt at bringing the numbers up make a difference and can you get me some flyers or something for the next one or do i have permission to create an event on facebook under the group "jeds epic events" for the next lan?

maybe give me the facebook groups name or page if it already exists and make me an admin so i can invite all the people from my group?

just a thought.
            if you need a hand with the war server give us a yell.

also just to let everyone you know it will be a 5 man team, prack up

Comment

I have a new monitor this time to show off (as my last one died just before the lan)

Comment

I'll be there again. Luz probably will be also, but it all depends what we are doing. By the time it comes around i'll have my new PC rather than my laptop, so good FPS + Left 4 Dead and maybe a few other games.... Just a question, does anyone here have Command and Conquer Generals or Zero Hour? If so and anyone is interested or even if you don't have it but are interested i can try and work out a way to copy it to other computers so we could all play. If people are keen on it, post here and let me know, if not i wont bother trying to get it working.

Comment

I might be there, All depends when the time comes, yes i have Zero Hour, not installed, and last time i playedit i think was 06/07, so it's been a while, still trying to get Quake 3 back in lan's

Comment

i think its about time i came to one again with a (windows) pc.

Anyone need cannon fodder for cs?

Comment

Last LAN was definitely a hit! Kagetsu, Lothar and DragonXR have been working off the clock to make the LANs better every time.
                      So, I'll make this clear: If you don't show up for the next one, you're missing out on some good stuff/or are an idiot/or better be at work!! =[
                      Also... my and many other's thanks to D4M4GE for bringing his server.
                      On that note: Have you got DM installed? GG DM is a little more fun than plain GG. Just a thought.

I can't exactly remember what is happening for next LAN, but DragonXR is writing up a TIME TABLE with sanctioned game tourneys and alternates in case you don't want to play that game / don't have it - as well as 'free time'. Don't take my quote to the exact detail on that.

Chances are pretty high that I'm going.

Comment

the timetable will be as follows.

hope you like the lineup

_______
                        Attached Files

Comment

challanges?

Comment

Originally posted by Mungus View Post
                            challanges?
                            find out on the day ;D