• Show
Clear All

• iPhone screen repairers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	smashed.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	602392

^ my phone after coming off the roof of my car at 70km/h. Does anyone repair or know someone who repairs iPhone screens? I know there are a bunch around Darwin, but they aren't well advertised.

you really did a number on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Of Nih View Post
      you really did a number on that one
      Yep, best smashing I've seen :/ Still works, just have to use it through a zip lock bag coz of the shards :S Contemplating $100-200 in screen repairs, or buying an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII?), or waiting for the iPhone 5.

Comment

Update: My sister just gave me the number of a company in the city who charge $200 for all iPhone 4 screen replacements and promise same day service and a clean of the phone to remove loose shards. I know DIY kits are like $50 on eBay, but knowing how difficult Apple make it to mess with their hardware, I'd rather leave it to people who do this stuff for a living

They call themselves 'MC Phone repairs' and the number is 89413058, if anyone is interested.

Comment

good find, let us know how you go.

Comment

Actually, I found removing the screen from my iphone 3 to be very easy, just undo those two screws at the bottom, and lift using the finger nails.

Comment

send back to apple $268 replacement

Comment

lol steve just gotta beware of those 3 lil cables underneath and connectors on board ... becomes expensive when you mess them up

Comment

Use a suction cup on the screen much better. If it is shattered cover in sticky tape then use a suction cup. And an iPhone 4 is a hell of a lot harder than an iPhone 3

1 you have to go in through the back and remove almost every component before you get to the screen.

2 the screen and digitizer are pressed together and almost impossible to seperate making the part itself a lot lot more expensive.

---
                  I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-12.387328,130.852034

Comment

i had fun trying to pull aprt a first gen iphone, the fidley cables buggered me up. anyone on here good at cleaning the insides of iphones, i got 1 here that the top button and the large button on the front dont work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by K_I_Z_A View Post
                      Use a suction cup on the screen much better. If it is shattered cover in sticky tape then use a suction cup. And an iPhone 4 is a hell of a lot harder than an iPhone 3

1 you have to go in through the back and remove almost every component before you get to the screen.

2 the screen and digitizer are pressed together and almost impossible to seperate making the part itself a lot lot more expensive.
                      Yeah I watched Youtube vid on how to replace iPhone 4 screens and they literally disconnected/removed everything before they could remove the screen, so I decided I'd better leave it to someone who knows what they're doing :/ The vid was with a non-smashed screen too, so I imagine even harder with shards of glass all over the place.

Mine's being replaced as I type this; will post again when it's fixed. Major_Kaos, the place I sent my phone to do all sorts of repairs so I guess they could fix stuff like that if your phone's out of warranty. Would be cheaper than sending it to Apple, anyway.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	596967

Yeah so this is what my phone looked like Friday arvo. Friday night I discovered the camera wasn't recognised for some reason, so I took it back next business day (today) and they replaced the camera for free and had it ready just after lunch.

Comment

did you get the old camera? ill bet they forgot to plug it back in :p

Comment

Nah they just gave me the phone back.

Edit: I'm not sure if they forgot to plug it in or it never worked after I smashed it, but I asked them to fix it regardless
                            Last edited by Brookie23; 20-09-11, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X