Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to uncensor Australian Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2 uncut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope i didn't miss this in a previous post, but is any one else having the following issue:

Via launching the exe directly
    single player works fine full gore(riot cops too)
    Multiplayer works fine if hosting or letting it find a game for you
    group game servers not displaying, friends not showing as joinable.

Basically i am unable to join and play on the GU Servers or with any of my steam friends if i've launched the game directly with the exe.

If i launch via steam i am able to straight up see the GU Game servers down the bottom along with any of my friends, and have successfully joined previously. (also note steam is no longer auto updating the games appid either).

If it's been posted before I'm sorry!.

Comment

• it has young chips. it is a different game with modified files and running it off the exe. It is left 4 dead dedicated server, not left 4 dead 2 demo. You can only play with others who have modified their settings, and even then, one of you has to host, as there are no dedicated servers for left 4 dead dedicated server

Comment

• had no issues with joining games of people running different versions with the modded Au demo.

Comment

• Same here, no problem joining other people servers and saying, wow their is a lot of dead zomebies bodies around here. Then they all ask 'what bodies'?

Comment

• Wierd i give up lol, at least it worked for you guys though.

Munkymagic - Got a link to where this was previously posted? i wouldn't mind taking a look.

Comment

• worked for me first go

Was alot of fun. Weapons seem more randomly generated now in some spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by chips View Post
                Wierd i give up lol, at least it worked for you guys though.

Munkymagic - Got a link to where this was previously posted? i wouldn't mind taking a look.
                what was previously posted? buying from uk store? or changing 590-510 :S?

Comment

• No longer works for me..

STEAM UPDATED AGAIN..
                  This time all i can load with the modified files is the Intro Movie.
                  Then it stops/crashes with no errors.

Anyone else got the latest steam client having this trouble?

Yet runs when set back to 590, but NO GORE!!
                  Thinking about getting a refund NOW! Buy US or NZ Uncut version!
                  Last edited by bloke28; 07-11-09, 04:22 PM. Reason: More details

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke28 View Post
                    STEAM UPDATED AGAIN..
                    This time all i can load with the modified files is the Intro Movie.
                    Then it stops/crashes with no errors.

Anyone else got the latest steam client having this trouble?

Yet runs when set back to 590, but NO GORE!!
                    Thinking about getting a refund NOW! Buy US or NZ Uncut version!
                    I 2nd, 3rd and 4th that. I've got 3 pcs that until today ran l4d2demo in full
                    gore with the 310 hack.
                    All 3 pcs now only play the intro and back to desktop or say invalidated copy.

Help

Comment

• Originally posted by majestiK View Post
                      I 2nd, 3rd and 4th that. I've got 3 pcs that until today ran l4d2demo in full
                      gore with the 310 hack.
                      All 3 pcs now only play the intro and back to desktop or say invalidated copy.

Help
                      Hey dude, think its this..
                      Try putting back to default, then load via steam..
                      then exit then retry editing the files and launching the exe.
                      I heard that it works still then, just needs to run as per normal setting first to update fully so i read somewhere earlier today..

Home at midnight, then I'll be retrying mine then

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke28 View Post
                        Hey dude, think its this..
                        Try putting back to default, then load via steam..
                        then exit then retry editing the files and launching the exe.
                        I heard that it works still then, just needs to run as per normal setting first to update fully so i read somewhere earlier today..

Home at midnight, then I'll be retrying mine then
                        YEP WORKS FOR ME AGAIN NOW YAY!!

Comment

• yep had to do the above the first time they updated too.

Comment

• Originally posted by morge View Post
                            yep had to do the above the first time they updated too.
                            Thanks so much guys!!! Fingers crossed that the retail version can be 'hacked' from launch!

Comment

• how can you "hack" it, because when i did it, it wouldnt let me play with other people... i think you guys may get a shock... return it now... buy through uk... all im sayin...

Comment

• Uncensored and it is glorious.

Comment

Working...
                                X