Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to uncensor Australian Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2 uncut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had the same thing happen to me chips just need to change the files back to 510 and still full of gore.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm being told that even with gore enabled on the AU version, you're might still be missing important additions.

Everyone with the uncensored version has to fight off the odd "riot cop zombie", who can only be shot in the back to kill him, but:

Originally posted by ravn0s
      i still havent seen the riot cops because apparently if you are playing with someone with the AUS version, the riot cops get removed.

Ie. you're running it for everyone else as well. And, as far as I understand, each campaign has a unique one of these "uncommon common" zombies - and the AU version, it seems, misses out on these.

My recommendation is to request a refund, avoid all of this horse shit, and get yourself a copy from the USA or UK store.

Jimmy requested a refund on his AU copy yesterday, and today that was processed, and has purchased the UK version.

Comment

I had noticed that rec when playing by myself on the sever the cop was always at the start, but when an AUS person joined he was never there.

Comment

i think it may just be the cop. but they may remove all of the uncommon common infected, like the hazmat suits or the clowns because of this.

Comment

That's exactly right, Munky. At least that's what I'm predicting - because they appear more "human".

Answer: refund AU version.

Comment

yeah do it. I got through UK, im havin gore. its awesome! and totally worth it!!

Comment

riot cop is in the hacked aussie version

Comment

I'm an aussie, was workin, but not now :'(

I had it fully uncensored, saw the riot cops, and killed em..
                  They kinda look outta place anyway and are hard to kill... lol
                  but we should all be able to get the Uncut version its way better!

Now mine is not uncut online which sucks!!, now no riot cops too.

Stupid steam patched it, noticed a download...
                  Fixed my other issue with loading but stuff censored gaming online now forced with L4D2 Demo :'(

ATM..
                  SUCKS TO BE TRUE BLUE, FAIR DINKIM AUSSIE, MATE!

ANY FIXES FOR THIS?
                  I have a legit purchased steam version of this demo, so I guess perhaps Garena and a non steam patch?? would that work?
                  Does pirating pay for aussies? (In This case? for a full uncut version)

Comment

scroll back to page 5 or 6, there's a workaround there involving editing of two config files. every time the game updates you need to redo the change.

Comment

• Go back to the pages about returning... thats the best option. Thats what i did and i have fullll gore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                        scroll back to page 5 or 6, there's a workaround there involving editing of two config files. every time the game updates you need to redo the change.
                        Thanks wasn't loadin the exe b4 works now!.
                        Just can't load within steam or its censored!
                        Last edited by bloke28; 04-11-09, 10:42 AM. Reason: figured it out!

Comment

• yeah i just got a refund for my Australian L4D 2 version i went to the UK steam site to get l4d 2 again but because i am paying with paypal changing the country to UK will it let me get the uncensored version or not? also if u get the uncensored 1 if there gonna be a update for the game will the gore remain or will patch it up while having it ordered from the UK steam site?

Comment

• From what I read, you can't do it with PayPal unless that PayPal account is *actually* a UK PayPal account. You need a credit card. But give it a shot - reports may be wrong.

As for updates, it's all fine. You'll be locked into the Steam app's cart ID that you've purchased (being the UK one), so you'll only ever get what updates are intended for the UK.

Comment

• Comment

• Cooler comparison video here:

AusGamers Videos - AusGamers Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Censorship Comparison Video - AusGamers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X