Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to uncensor Australian Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2 uncut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LENKO FTW!!!.

Comment

thanks now I just need to wait for it to finish downloading for what seems like the 17th time in the last week.

Comment

I've been reading reports that Valve have fixed this 'fix' already, as of about 2 hours ago - now even with these text file changes, gore does not appear online.

Can anyone please confirm/deny?

Comment

well.. even if it doesnt work anymore, i'm still gonna hump lenko's leg. any objections?

Comment

I played 30 mins ago, 100% gorey awesomeness for me

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              well.. even if it doesnt work anymore, i'm still gonna hump lenko's leg. any objections?
              Haha none from me :p

Comment

woo! ;P

now make sure you're at the DGA tonight

Comment

L4D2 Needs more work to unlock all

OKAY bodies hit floor and stay there, but not uncut yet!!
                  There are no blood splatters on screen and I also get no speech on movie intro anyone else getting that?, but great work guys!! AND THANKS!!
                  see this to figure out what else if different!
                  The Uncut is way better! The Aussie version still sucks..

Comment

Cool shit Chips, cheers.

Comment

Gonna check again at lunch with a steam restart too.

Comment

Let us know, Chips!

"bloke28" says bodies are hitting the floor but he's not seeing the uncut gore.

Comment

Just tried it seems to have worked for me. BTW you need to have run it at least once as the files aren't there if you have just freshly downloaded it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            Word is that zombies are disappearing before they even hit the ground in the edited Aussie version.

Rec's method work to get the overseas version? (http://www.gamers-underground.com/fo...thout-vpn.html)

Update with the fix:
                            This fix can be run without risk. There is no chance of receiving a ban.

You need to edit 2 text files, and in future only launch the game via the left4dead2.exe instead of through Steam.

The first file ("steam_appid.txt") is found in \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo and needs to be edited as per this picture ("590" to "510"):

[ATTACH]5837[/ATTACH]

Second file ("steam.inf") is found in \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2 and needs to be edited as per this picture ("590" to "510"):

[ATTACH]5838[/ATTACH]

You've now enabled gorey, unedited goodness that the OFLC didn't want you to have.
                            That didn't quite work for me, bodies dropped but no, blood splated till I dide this..

Add this to
                            (violence_ablood "1" violence_agibs "1" violence_hblood "1" violence_hgibs "1")
                            without brackets.
                            to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\config.cfg

NOW Seems to be Bloody as the US Uncut, but still no speech for me in the intro movie anyone else getting that?
                            Guess i can live with that in a demo.. Just hope the full version is this easy for us aussies.

Machete cuts up and bloody's up my screen now!! YAY
                            WOO HOO!

Comment

haha yeah i had speech in the intro - also chips just rebooted steam and the above is still working - so news of valve 'fixing' that is false.

Comment

I've just restarted Steam, and my L4D2 demo is updating - quite a large update. I checked my account via the website, and now insead of not showing the demo in my subscription list at all it shows "Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (AU)".

Whether or not this will carry through to the full game is unknown. Perhaps they can do this because we didn't "buy" the demo, thus they're happy to go and change our versions. Or maybe they'll change our full game versions, too.

My recommendation for anyone with VPN access is to connect to the USA or UK, then restart Steam, and hopefully the IP validation check it runs is only run once, hence you'll avoid this wave of verification and keep the uncensored version.

If someone tries this, please let us know if your L4D2 demo updates while connected to the UK/USA VPN. Then disconnect, restart Steam again (normal IP), and see if it updates or lies unchanged.

Comment

Working...
                                X