Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to uncensor Australian Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2 uncut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l4d2 au version sucks balls.

just had a quick game of it, and I don't like it. /hanson

Comment

The atmosphere is completely lax with no gore + vanishing zombies. Should now be rated PG.

Request a refund, the reason being that you pre-ordered before it was censored and no longer want it. Then re-purchase from UK or USA store.

If you didn't pre-purchase before censoring issue came up, just say you weren't aware that "the graphcis were worse than L4D1" or something newb like that (play ignorant).

Comment

I've tried very hard to grab it from UK but I'm getting my card and Entropay rejected by 2 steam accounts... any ideas?

Using both the vpn and web based methods, same result... countries match and all its just getting rejected in the final confirmation thing. Dammit

Comment

Country needs to be United Kingdom (not the country of your card). Otherwise, try a different card?

Comment

Yeah I'm doing that... tried US on the US one too, still the same error every time with the actual credit card and with Entropay... it still works if I buy something from Australia though.

"Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company."

Which isn't true, the transaction isn't getting through to the bank I already called them. It simply won't work with the credit card or with Entropy if I set the country to anything other than AUS. Dunno if Westpac might have some crazy security on their cards or something.

Comment

Yeah it was set to UK. Still not working though even with Entropay (which apparently doesn't send the other address details). Tried my housemates credit card too, also rejected.

Though I just used the steam client to buy a game normally with one of my Entropay cards (with Aus as country) and it worked fine.

Like I said I also tried VPN and it's still rejecting paypal, entropay and my normal credit card... can't really think of what else I've missed

Comment

Whats the best method of actually requesting a refund?

Comment

No idea sorry Ooshp - haven't had any issues at all.

Comment

Edit - Nvm - blonde moment.

Comment

hellaflush wrote:

a mate just used the original german l4d crack on the l4d2 demo... we can confirm it works for l4d2 also!

that would be me

it does work for AUS l4d2.

the problem is the steam folder

c:\programfiles\steam > steam.dll

this must talk to the LV folder somehow or tell the game that its censored, it works for l4d2 as it makes all games on steam uncensored.

so the problem isnt in the l4d2 folder its in that steam.dll file. this crack on the video changes it so u can play it.

soooo much blood, AUS version is BORING!!!!!
                      umm dunno if that helps at all

Comment

It does - but I'm more worried about losing thousands of dollars in games tied to my steam account; if it's a bannable offense.

Comment

Found @ Uncensor the Australian version of the Left 4 Dead 2 demo! - Facepunch

Thanks to Grimezy15's suggestions and my testing, we can remove the censor on the Australian version of Left 4 Dead 2's demo. This fix allows you to play Online and in Single Player without risk. That means ABSOLUTELY NO RISK OF GETTING VAC'D.

All you need to do is change TWO text files and you're set. You'll have to launch the game through the left4dead2.exe instead of through Steam. Steam will disconnect you immediately.

First file is found in \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo

Second file is found in \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2

That's it! Just run the game through the left4dead2.exe and you'll be able to play with all the gorey goodness the OFLC didn't want you to have.
                          Last edited by Milenko; 30-10-09, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Just tested and confirmed that it works.

Due to the change only being to variables; rather than a dll hook, i will be continuing it's usage as it's 99% safe.

Now to watch the random forum hits sky-rocket :p
                            Last edited by Milenko; 30-10-09, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Updated first post. Thanks Milenko. You've made a lot of people very happy.

Comment

lenko you better be at the lan tonight, because by GOD sir i am going to hump your leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X