Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup

Comment

another thing the game needs - better curb stomp detection. getting sick of trying to pistol whip downed people, but sliding through them instead.

Comment

lol yeh see that happen lots Aegis.

mind u at the same time i love watching people shooting downed enemies at point blank instead of stomping them.

waste of ammo anyone lol

Comment

I just use my melee attack - which I think is a knife on downed enemies.

Comment

depends what you have equipped - SMG or bigger = butt stroke; pistol = knife. but you have to crouch to hit them (fair enough) but if you run over and crouch, of course you slide right through and the attack *always* seems to miss downed enemies when you slide.

Comment

for those that dont have the spec ops pack and want one, pm me.
              gu regulars only of course.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                I bought Brink for roughly about 20 dollars, but the person I bought it from is saying I need to have activated VPN client to activate,install and play the game (it was mentioned in the auction I didnt read it thoroughly). The key arrives tommorow but I need to know why I need to have VPN client activated, can I run it without it and can I get banned for altering the IP adress? (also if not, which software is best for altering IP adress for this situation?)

Comment

You shouldn't need to use a VPN, unless Steam now region restricts game activation the same way they do actual purchases.

If you do need to, you'll just want to search for a VPN trial, one that lets you connect to the net via the relevant country (origin of key).

You shouldn't worry about getting banned in any case. A noteworthy percentage of Steam users have been spoofing their location for years to get cheaper deals.

Comment

So I got photo of Russian Brink and when I try to add it without VPN or with VPN client I have (CyberGhost) It keeps saying I cant do it from my region. Any tips which VPN client has russian IP?

Comment

Both Overplay and StronVPN have Russian servers:

- StrongVPN.com is VPN service, offers security and anonymity for personal use
                      - http://www.overplay.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        Thanks for tips, but I was hoping for one with trial (I am kinda broke now) And if I would use VPN to activate and install the game do I need it to play?

Comment

you wont need it to activate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                            you wont need it to activate.
                            I am from Europe; czech republic and when I try to activate my russian Brink key it keeps saying "This item cannot be activated from your region" or something like that. So please help me someone.

Comment

You'll need to connect to a Russian VPN, as discussed. I'm not aware of any VPN providers that have access to Russian servers and do free trials, sorry.

Comment

I have photo the box with CD-KEY, should I try contacting steam support that my "friend" was in Russia, he bought for me Brink as gift and we are both sad that I can activate it?

Comment

Working...
                                X