No announcement yet.

Diablo 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, is internet connectivity really an issue in this day and age? I just cant see a bunch of people dragging computers together for a LAN but having no access to the internet.

Maybe at bigger LAN parties but even then it wouldn't be overly hard to secure some sort of connection with enough bandwidth for online play.

Or just make a custom server and make like Private WoW servers.

Comment

The point is that you have to be connected to the battlenet server. It stops you from using hacks / bugs / older versions / increased experiance and the likes. It is sounding much more like a pay once wow for 8 players....

Comment

**** that does suck though...we will be able to play over lan with some ****ing around, but the fact that they cant just include it with the game is ****ing sad. for us we will be playing with 300-400 pings and it will be shit if it lags when we could have just played lan and had fun with no ping

Comment

It will be fun to see where pvpgn goes with bnet 2 coming with starcraft 2 and D3. Someone will do something but in reality it wont be available on day 1.

Comment

what heretic said. also - yes internet connections ARE still an issue. ESPECIALLY when you're beholden to a single company's servers for your play with friends - maintenance is not a downtime you have to worry about on LANs generally.

I expect they'll setup battlenet servers in australia, so probably maint times will be adjusted to match, BUT there will still be times you want to play during that period. ****ing annoying. there is zero reason NOT to allow LAN play. I've got no problem with battlenet for online play, but if my friends are using hacks etc in LAN play - either we've agreed to it or we'll sort the ****er out ourselves.

Comment

i highly doubt battle.net traffic will ALL be routed through the server. i suspect you'll retrieve initial character information from the server, but all actual game play will be peer to peer between the playing clients.

Comment

*shrug* still a tarded requirement if you want to pay a LAN game.

saying that you have to have an internet connection to play an offline game is tantamount to backing Games For Windows Live. (yeah yeah i know, Bnet will NEVER be that bad)

Comment

yes, it's crap, but i'm saying it shouldn't negatively effect latency.

Comment

unless they pull some BS like Left4Dead, where you create a game but it forces you onto a server of the game's choosing :/

Comment

i'd be more likely to play the game over the internet than on a lan anyway

Comment

yeah that is how battle.net works, peer to peer, which is why you could get d/c'd from Battle.net but not the game. but nevertheless, they're still dicks for not doing it

Comment

Diablo 3 features PvP battle arenas | Joystiq

Diablo 3 Trailers and Screens from Blizzcon 2010 - AusGamers.com
                          Last edited by rec; 25-10-10, 09:55 AM.

Comment

News: Diablo 3 beta confirmed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Comment

Diablo 3 PvP Arena Battles Blizzcon 2010 (wizard Gameplay)

Comment

gonna play this forrrr suoooorrreee

Comment

Working...
                                X