No announcement yet.

Formula 1 2010 game (F1 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting great review, btw. 86/100 Metacritic average across both console platforms.

F1 2010 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

F1 2010 for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Comment

Originally posted by Formula1 View Post
      So reslo and rec how about you pool your money and buy my a gaming pc so i can race you guys eh eh???
      How about you stop wasting time and cash on phony consoles !!

Comment

Oh you guys....

NEWS JUST AT HAND!

There is a pitlane bug across all platforms where you are held for an unrealistic amount of time in the pit box. Reports suggest you can fall down through the whole field depending on how many cars pit at the same time. CM are aware of the problem(via twitter) and I think they are working on a patch.
        Last edited by Formula1; 20-09-10, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Bloody better be! and can they also please update the rules to allow Hulkenburg like chicane bypasses, that would be super.

Comment

Crashtastic

Comment

One day a racing game will actually get open-wheel crashes right. One day.

Comment

I spent about 5 hours playing the PS3 version last night.

Cons:
                - Low resolution textures and choppy mirror views make for poor visuals.
                - The frame rates are too mixed and often too low. Not happy.
                - The inability to set wheel lock angle shits me, as it's too easy to keep turning past the active degree range.
                - Shitty VoIP quality, but this isn't unusual and just like every other console game I've played.
                - Unlike GT5 which is just 2 months away, there is no PlayStation Eye head-tracking. Disappointing.
                - Lack of spectator mode in multiplayer. When you crash out, you get to look at... nothing.
                - Lastly, there's no commentary, which is kind of a big deal from the perspective of atmosphere.

Pros:
                - Quality of control with my Logitech wheel is great right out-of-box.
                - The car feel is outstanding. Not quite sim, but a perfect balance between fun and realism.
                - Sense of speed is excellent.
                - F1 authenticity throughout creates a really legitimate experience.
                - Depth of the single player career is impressive.
                - The wet weather effects will blow your mind.
                - The online experience appears lag-free, with no stuttery cars on track.

In short: an amazing game, probably the best F1 game I've ever played. But, bring on the Steam unlock for the PC version tomorrow morning which is sure to be a big improvement.

I'll publish a full game review once I've sunk some serious time into the PC release.
                Last edited by rec; 24-09-10, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I'll be interested to see what the differences are between the PS3 and PC. I'm hoping the graphics improves. As for no spectator mode.... shitty stuff up there CM.

Comment

Graphics are incredible compared to PS3. So happy.

Plus I've set up a defined wheel lock in the Logitech profiler, and I have Mumble for comms. Excellent.
                    Last edited by rec; 24-09-10, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Another complaint; why no official F1 HUD? I want the same stuff I see on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula1 View Post
                        Oh you guys....

NEWS JUST AT HAND!

There is a pitlane bug across all platforms where you are held for an unrealistic amount of time in the pit box. Reports suggest you can fall down through the whole field depending on how many cars pit at the same time. CM are aware of the problem(via twitter) and I think they are working on a patch.
                        Short term fix - Pit one lap earlier or later then requested.

First impressions
                        I love it. Graphics look very good and the feel of the game right out of the box is fantastic. Its a beautiful balance of SIM and Racer. I've only played it for about 3 hours now and only on three tracks. Took me a while to figure our where to go to start my own career but should have guessed from the very Dirt 2 like GUI.

The tracks look amazing and the whole feel you get in career mode is great. I love the way you can choose a quick car setup with the Engineer or tweak the car yourself. I'm still not sure what the in race changes do to the wing engine and tyres. Are they requests to your team for the next pit stop? I must read the manual a bit.

The only thing in the game that has annoyed me is the ghost car in the time trials.... can this be turned off?

The wheel lock hasn't annoyed me too much yet but I will definitely have to set it up when I could be bothered to do so.
                        Last edited by ResLo; 25-09-10, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Review up: http://gamers-underground.com/conten...w-f1-2010.html

Comment

Game has taken #1 spot on the UK charts, ahead of even Halo: Reach.

1. F1 2010
                            2. HALO: REACH
                            3. DEAD RISING 2
                            4. CIVILIZATION V
                            5. SPORTS CHAMPIONS

Comment

Total sales? If not that chart means nothing given Halo has been on sale for weeks.

Comment

Just week by week sales. But it's still ahead of Dead Rising 2 and Civ 5 which is impressive enough.

F1 2010 patch on the way:

Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date.

Current Status:
                                The development team is currently investigating, going through feedback, and looking at reported issues.

Caldera.
                                [All] F1 2010 Patch News - Codemasters Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X