No announcement yet.

How to save money on Steam using a VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VISA/Mastercards only verify your Address when purchasing online. As in only Street number and name, State, Post code not your Country. When purchasing through steam it asks for the countrty that you are in for currency and regional variations of games pourposes only it seems.

You would only use your bro's address if you are using his Credit Card im pretty sure.

Comment

entropay is the solution. it's what i use to purchase from the US ps3 store.

Comment

I've made many purchases on the UK Steam store (while over there and now via VPN) using my Australian credit card, tied to an Australian address.

It's perfectly fine to change the country to whatever you like, as it's not checked during the transaction.

Comment

Reslo; to confirm, all region versions are compatible (low violence versions can play full violence versions).

Comment

I went ahead and bought through the UK steam store. Played the demo today. Lots of blood and dismemberment and heaps of bodies lying around. Brilliant. Worked a treat. Got the 4 pack so only $36 each, bargain!

Comment

Nice. Glad to be of assistance.

Join the Gamers-Underground.com Steam group to have a romp on our server.

Comment

For those that bought the AU version, refunds are being delivered by Valve if you're unhappy with it due to lack of gore.

TiT from AusGamers writes:

I got a refund from Valve this morning and i went and bought a UK version. On my Steam History it shows that i got credit for 4 pack L4D2 (Preorder AU) Complimentary L4d2 Demo (AU) and now i just bought 4 pack L4D2 (Preorder)

Comment

I'll make sure to try that for the recently released Black Ops -- I live in Germany and the international version (the one that only has an English localization, there's no such thing in the German versions) is bound to be banned here soon, even retail keys can't be activated.
                  I did not scan through the whole thread, but did anyone experience his account being disabled because of these procedures?

Comment

Not anyone anywhere that I'm aware of, certainly not here.

Comment

No accounts have been suspended or banned for using this method at all, but they've tightened down on how easy it is.

Community members here have started using USA as opposed to UK VPNs, and simply add an extra 0 to the post/zip code (as AUS is 4, and the USA is 5). Also you need to select a state in the USA rather than leaving it as your own.

Comment

Coming up with a different address would not be that much of a problem, I guess.
                        My fear is that fraud protection will kick in with people logging in rapidly from two different countries.

As I said, I am not in Australia, I am in Germany so I might even use an Australian VPN provider to activate my CODBO once I have it. (I am going for retail version since it is available from UK cheaper than from steam itself.)

You Aussies get an uncensored version of BO, right?

Comment

Sure do.

Comment

Modern Warfare 3 is a ridiculous $100 on Steam AU, but you can grab it for $60 using this same trick if you plan on buying it.

It will have dedicated servers: http://gamers-underground.com/news/3...-purchase.html

Comment

jesus-unjustifiable-christ

Comment

Just thought i'd mention that MW2 is, nearly two years after release, still $90 for australians on steam

even the $30 for the US is slightly ridiculous. $90 for MW2 is even more ridiculous than the $100 for MW3, because some people will be stupid enough to pay the money for mw3.

Comment

Working...
                                X