No announcement yet.

How to save money on Steam using a VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think more importantly, nearly 2 years after release, MW2 is still a piece of shit that shouldn't be played by anyone with a PC and an IQ above 80

But seriously, I did play it for a while on 360 after release because my housemate at the time loved it and it was a social thing to do. Found it tolerable on console (not having a keyboard and mouse made me want to claw my eyes out and remove my hands with a hatchet) but after recently playing it on PC, thought it was really clunky, campy shitfest. The fact the pricing is still so ridiculous is...well...ridiculous. Should be filling bargain bins by now.

Comment

okay i must be doing something wrong

i connected to the vpn, on steam went to make a purchase and keeps coming up with payment problem ?

:S

Comment

Make sure you're visiting the appropriate Steam store to make the purchase (?cc=us or ?cc=uk).

If using a US VPN, you need to add a 0 to your real postcode, and ensure the USA is selected as your country.

If UK, add two 0's and make sure the UK is selected as your country.

All other details should remain legitimate.

And keep in mind this doesn't work with all credit/debit card providers. I personally am with Westpac and it works a charm every time.

Comment

tried that but it didnt work

set to UK country and used post code 081000 but failed used my american express / paypal

Comment

PayPal won't ever work, and I have no idea about AMEX. My Westpac cards are both Mastercard AU, and it works with both of those.

Comment

ill try again with my westpac master card

Comment

Maybe the Zero(0) at the start of the post code could be an issue.

Sometimes I see Darwin as just 800 not 0800. Try 81000 over 08100.

I don't know as never tried it though, but it might work.

Comment

i know im reviving a kinda dead topic here, but does this method work? and will i need to use a separate steam account or could i use my existing one. oh and whats the probabillity of getting banned for this.

Comment

It still works. I've been doing it for years without issue. Although it seems it only works on certain cards. I personally have Westpac Mastercard's.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                      It still works. I've been doing it for years without issue. Although it seems it only works on certain cards. I personally have Westpac Mastercard's.
                      So it's safe to use with my existing steam account?

Comment

I can only give you my experience, which is that I've purchased two dozen games from the UK/US store over the past two years, with no problem, all on my usual Steam account.

Comment

brilliant, probably sounds like the way to go with skyrim and rage being 80-90 dollars on Aus steam whilst being 50 or less on UK/US Steam.

Comment

Yes. I've also gifted about 9 copies of games to folks back in Aus. It's perfectly safe.

Comment

Does anyone know if adding funds to a steam wallet (Using an Australian credit card), and then remote desktop connecting into an American computer, logging into steampowered.com and buying a game will work?

I'm trying to get lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 as it is $20 in the US, but $50 in AU :/

Thanks!

Comment

Pretty sure it will, as long as the IP address of the remote computer matches the region you're buying from.

Comment

Working...
                                X