Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! Mass Effect 3

Is awesome.

Except for that face import bug if you carried your Shepherd over from ME1. It's broken. And stupid. It's like replacing optimus prime in the live action transformers with Tom Cruise.

(Oh and fuck you lenko. But we still love you.)

Played a couple hours so far, seems like there was more actual main story in that then there was in the entire of Mass Effect 2

First game I've really tried to play in 3d, adds a lot to the immersion but aiming is so hard with it on and I think my eyes hate it. So will give up on that for now.

Comment

There's a lot of hatred about the endings for ME3. It's worth seeing the third ending though - it's much better.

I've played through the game twice now. First time was about 80% completed (side quests), second time 99%. I messed up one mission. Doh.

There are some fucking epic moments in ME3 and Ive never felt so emotionally engaged with game characters ever.

This is my all time favourite game.

Edit: After all my trouble trying to buy ME3 via Origin, I got an email today telling me my purchase was unsuccessful because they didn't receive the funds. No shit. That's because your fucking purchasing system is broken. Retards.
      Last edited by Milenko; 09-03-12, 07:04 PM.

Comment

That email from Origin about the funds? Look closer. I got it too. It is a scam. At least the one I got was. It was incredibly well forged (even the order number was in the correct format).

Beyond this, ME3 is absolutely amazing. I am only part way through (how have you played through 2 times? :o), but I have loved every minute so far.

Like most Bioware games, the first hour was rough, but it was enjoyable enough.

I am actually really enjoying the combat in ME3 as well. It took me a few hours to get used to the cover/movement system, but when I did, I got really in to it. Bring on the Brutes!
        Last edited by cmdr_lynchie; 11-03-12, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
          Ive never felt so emotionally engaged with game characters ever.
          It seems silly, but I can't agree more. There have been some moments in the game where I have had that sickening sinking feeling in my stomach. It is so fucking emotional at times. I am forcing myself to play through and deal with the consequences of the actions I take, but there have been times where I have just wanted to restore to an earlier save and play through again.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdr_lynchie View Post
            That email from Origin about the funds? Look closer. I got it too. It is a scam. At least the one I got was. It was incredibly well forged (even the order number was in the correct format).
            Wow so it is - I usually pick up on shit like that straight away too.

Beyond this, ME3 is absolutely amazing. I am only part way through (how have you played through 2 times? :o), but I have loved every minute so far.
            Got it on the 3rd and don't have a job I'm 3/4 through my 3rd play-thru atm.

Also; I just got a genuine email from Origin. They gave me all the pre-order DLC codes for a game I didn't buy. dafuq?

Comment

I seriously don't know why people are so annoyed at the endings. I have seen all three (and lets be honest, there really are only two... it is just one has a twist). There are all fine. They are suitably epic for sure.

They leave alot of questions unanswered, but Bioware will release DLC and maybe even new Mass Effect games until the end of time. Or at least until it stops making them money.

For those who have seen the ending... we all know which part people are really pissed about, and I think people are being a bit too sensitive. Personally I have no problems with that part of the ending. It's a fucking narrative device for fucks sake.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I'm annoyed that the only difference between the endings really is the colour of them. Also, wtf. Lack of boss fight.

Ending the series is fine, how they decided to cap the story off is like the writers went all 'herp derp' we have nfi what to do.
                Last edited by Jay; 13-03-12, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Did you notice that if you chose to destroy the reapers; in the cut-scene all the humans get nuked? That's the only problem I have with the endings really.

The third ending is the best imo. At least Joker and EDI get to chill and start a new life.
                  Last edited by Jay; 13-03-12, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I seriously don't get people's objections to the endings... what am I missing?

Spoiler:

People are claiming it basically nullifies all the choices they made in the game up to that point... I call bullshit.

Every choice you made was still important. They just pale in comparision to that last choice you have to make, which to me is a fucking brilliant way to end the game.

When the Quarians got wiped out, and Tali commited suicide because of a choice I made, that was one of the most emotional moments I have experienced in a story (book, movie, whatever)... the reduction of the ending to a final ultimate choice didn't change that.

When I made the call to sacrific the hive queen to pull Grunt's men out, and Grunt stayed behind so that I could escape, yet survived against all odds, I couldn't stop grinning for 10 minutes... the reduction of the ending to a final ultimate choice didn't change that.

It just made that last choice more poignant. All these amazing moments, all these dire and wonderful consequences from choices I had made. And now I had this ultimate choice to make. A choice that would dictate the future of the entirity of life in the universe now and forever.

It was a brilliant ending.

My only theory is that people are pissed that after the credits roll it is implied the whole thing is a story being told by an old man to his grandson... but so what? Does that change the experience in any way? It's a narrative device.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdr_lynchie View Post
                      Spoiler:

My only theory is that people are pissed that after the credits roll it is implied the whole thing is a story being told by an old man to his grandson... but so what? Does that change the experience in any way? It's a narrative device.
                      Spoiler:
                      The way I saw it, it was the future of mankind post-reapers. The fact they aren't on Earth and the fact that Mankind has actually survived, made that ending perfectly fine for me.

Edit - thanks Jay, I couldnt remember how to use the spoiler tags :p

Comment

Not that I give a shit in this case... But the spoiler tags don't work on Tapatalk. I can still see everything without clicking.

Comment

spoiler:
                          It's because the endings were a cheap way out. Like none of your decisions you made throughout the game really mattered (face it, is there any difference really in any of the endings), and in the end sequence you have to take renegade actions regardless. In terms of the story, it seemed so cheap just to go 'this happened so long ago', cliche someone telling a story exit.

Regardless, the story leading up to it was amazing. No other word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            spoiler:
                            It's because the endings were a cheap way out. Like none of your decisions you made throughout the game really mattered (face it, is there any difference really in any of the endings), and in the end sequence you have to take renegade actions regardless. In terms of the story, it seemed so cheap just to go 'this happened so long ago', cliche someone telling a story exit.

Regardless, the story leading up to it was amazing. No other word for it.
                            spoiler:

Yeah, the only changes your choices really make are what races fight with you; and what races appear in the FMV's. I too was hoping for completely different endings depending on specific choices. That said, I still like em :p

Comment

The lead up to the ending was great, ending was kinda weak though considering its concluding a story thats been going on for three games.

One of the best game settings and series I've played (2 had a lack of story though), I want to see more . Especially considering there are very few big budget games set in space.

How do you do spoilers tags?

Comment

Working...
                              X