No announcement yet.

HTC Desire and Android experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand. Why would one pick the Samsung over the Desire?

Comment

• Because depending on who you talk to, it's better.

Comment

• What about on paper?

Comment

• On paper it's better, in reality I'd probably still go the Desire because I'm just not fond of Samsung handsets, despite how reliable they are.

Comment

• Very similar except galaxy has super-amoled, 4" instead of 3.7" same resolution, and is slightly lighter.
            Galaxy has 16GB internal storage 64mb less RAM.

and the hummingbird cpu in the galaxy is apparently much better at graphics/gaming than the snapdragon in the htc

Comment

• Watching that almost made me shed a tear. I loved that game, so very dearly. Might even be time for a replay.

Definitely get the Galaxy.

Comment

• I now realise why I didn't go for it. The screen is way too big for that resolution. My screen is way to big for its resolution.

Comment

• I haz Galaxy.

patiently waiting for it to charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                    I haz Galaxy.

patiently waiting for it to charge.
                    Tell us how you go! 2.2? If not, get on it!

Comment

but high hopes for next month.

Comment

• swype is awesome. comes with the phone.

Comment

• Ah I should really hunt that down. I'm waiting for BlindType though... what to do, what to do.

Comment

• Swype is indeed awesome... until it stopped working for me this week (the beta had a time limit apparently). I'm testing out SlideIT now instead.

Comment

• Official Telstra Froyo ROM update is out but not OTA, goto HTC Desire - ROM Upgrade for HTC Desire (Telstra)

Comment

• Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                                Ah I should really hunt that down. I'm waiting for BlindType though... what to do, what to do.
                                See this? Rumour is that it could make it into Gingerbread as a stock keyboard.

San Francisco-based startup BlindType, a very impressive technology that allows you to type on touch screens without even looking at them, has just been acquired by Google. Per the BlindType blog:

We are excited to announce that BlindType has been acquired by Google!
                                We want to thank everyone for their overwhelming support and positive feedback.
                                We know that typing on your mobile device can be a frustrating experience, which is why
                                we?ve worked hard to make touch typing easier and faster than ever ? the way it should be.
                                We?re excited to join Google, and look forward to the great opportunities for mobile innovation that lie ahead.
                                -The BlindType team

Comment

Working...
                                X