Android apps: top picks so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It does indeed.

I just use the FTP built into MIUI - which I'm going to dump for Villain AU soon. So I'll switch back to that method - which I forgot about!

That happens when you fiddle too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aegis View Post
      my 30 year old brother in law wears a com badge .. in public... all the time... i'll be steering clear of that app
      Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milenko View Post
        Seriously?
        not since his brother forwarded him the above quote. good times, good times. ;P

Comment

• Hey guys, just picked up a Samsung Galaxy s2, and started putting some apps on it, Coming from a HTC desire I've gotta say i really liked the weather/time/date widget that they have, is their any thing similar available from the app store? most things I find are only for 1 of the three values, and look ugly any way.

Comment

• Just get https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result if you don't care about pretty pictures.

Comment

• Thanks mate, looks heaps better then the old HTC one imo. Another thing I'm chasing, is a music player that has basic controls on the lock screen, is this possible? if so do I have to go for a different player app? I only want basic controls ie play/pause, skip forward/back, and track info.

Comment

• i think that defeats the purpose of the lock screen doesn't it??

Comment

• Originally posted by close001 View Post
                  Thanks mate, looks heaps better then the old HTC one imo. Another thing I'm chasing, is a music player that has basic controls on the lock screen, is this possible? if so do I have to go for a different player app? I only want basic controls ie play/pause, skip forward/back, and track info.
                  Winamp mate, has a setting to turn on lock screen player, and its bloody winamp

lock screen is very simple, play, pause, Skip, as well as media info and the unlock button

Comment

• I much prefer Power Amp to be honest. I think in the "default application settings" in your main program settings you can pick which music player is allowed access to the lock screen. I'm not really sure whether this is just a MIUI feature though (the ROM I'm using).

Comment

• i did like power amp initially, but winamp has come a long way for android, and now no contest for me winamp is cleaner, smoother and most importantly 100% free

Comment

• Originally posted by close001 View Post
                        Hey guys, just picked up a Samsung Galaxy s2, and started putting some apps on it, Coming from a HTC desire I've gotta say i really liked the weather/time/date widget that they have, is their any thing similar available from the app store? most things I find are only for 1 of the three values, and look ugly any way.
                        I use Beautiful Widgets

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.levelup.bw.forecast&feature=search_ result

a
                        s for music amp I also like Winamp.

Comment

• Smartphone wars: Android topples iPhone in Australia

Comment

• just goes to show that we really are a smart country

Comment

• 10 premium apps for 10c each on android market to celebrate 10 billion downloads.

Includes minecraft pocket edition. 10c.

Comment

• awesome Harb thanks I just went a little crazy and burnt out the credit card

Comment

Working...
                                X