No announcement yet.

Android apps: top picks so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also turns out this is only day 1 of 10 days of this, they've discovered the valve exploit for emptying people's credit cards into their accounts.

Comment

• well its true I dont really buy many apps usually getting them for free, but I just brought all those apps because they were 10c each and there is a very good chance I wont use at least 3 of them.

but hey you never know ...

Comment

• Market Apps have updated: New highlights are Fruit ninja and beautiful widgets.

Maybe read it later pro?

Comment

• The Christmas Live Wallpaper is spectacular.

You can change the photo on the mantel, write your names on the stockings etc. Great piece of coding.

Comment

• Flick Golf for 10cents, so worth it! My lips are bleeding from the constant movement of my tong over them as I concentrate.

Comment

• oh man fruit ninja & jelly defense are really addictive... i had a chill day bartending at the footy & practicing my ninja techniques..

Comment

• that game company one is awesome

Comment

• Lot's of free apps on getjar, including tapatalk.

http://mktg.getjar.com/getjargoldcatalogue.html

Comment

• Just got a new android phone. My first smart phone so been going abit app crazy.
                    I cant remember exactly whats been mentioned in this thread but I love Googly Sky map, Satellite AR (tells you what satellites are over head), Fing (network scanner), Google Translate, Shazam (music identifier), Crackle (stream movies & TV, though selection is limited), and ofcourse Steam (All mentioned are free btw). Lastly is Tricorder, its a replica of a tricorder from star trek TNG. It scans motion, sound waves, compass/geography, Solar Flares, and also wifi signal. I was walking around k-mart trying to work out where the free cas wifi ended with the biggest stupid grin on my face
                    If anyone has any better suggestions for any of the above apps let me know. As far as games go Ive got games like Shadowgun and GTA 3 just to test out the new hardware but Im enjoying flight control the most.

Comment

• Soundhound is a good alternative to Shazam. You can sing songs to it.

Airdroid is good for accessing your phone from a PC via wifi.

SwiftKey X and Perfect Keyboard are nice keyboard alternatives.

The Wolfram Alpha app is pretty handy but so is the website I guess.

Chrome is available if you have Ice Cream Sandwich. Syncs with desktop bookmarks and you can transfer tabs between the desktop and the phone or/and visa versa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                        Soundhound is a good alternative to Shazam. You can sing songs to it.
                        Cool. I remember getting drunk and singing T.U.R.T.L.E. POWER into shazam on my brothers phone and it not recognising the song

Comment

• +1 for soundhound.

Other must haves are:
                          Pulse (News gatherer)
                          Cut the Rope (costs a few bucks but is an awesome game)
                          Run Pee (tells you when its safe to have a wizz during a movie)
                          Timeriffic (sets up my Wifi, Bluetooth etc Mon-Fri and weekend settings also)
                          Google Music
                          Movies (flixster)
                          RockPlayer - Best AVI/MPG etc file player out there.

Comment

• Oh and I worked out today that if you put a US SIM in your phone you get access to the US market.

Comment

• if your into cloud Box is running a promotion right now giving you an extra 50GB of storage free if you buy their app

Comment

• GoCatch.
                                Saw it on the News the other night. It's an app to help u catch a cab. Shows a map with taxis on the road marked out so you can see any that are close to you. Touch the cab and they'll come get you.
                                Each cabbie has a profile with a rating so you can rate your experiance/see which ones to avoid.
                                Users also have profiles so the cabbie can rape rate you aswell.

Comment

Working...
                                X